Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know this 'SpaceGirl' song?

Options
  • 13-08-2002 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

I'm guessing its probably by an Irish or British band and the only place I've ever heard it was on Phantom FM around 1998 so I guess this is how old it is too.

Goes as follows ...

Music leads in what sounds like a mandolin being played thru a flanger. (yeah I think it's weird too! :) )

Then the lyrics come in go as follows

"Now she's gone he's hitched up with a spacegirl
    <something?> never hurts when she's around
    She quickly introduced him to her spaceworld
    Now he says he's never coming down"

The verses and bridge go on from here but I only have the song on a scratchy old cassette and as such I can't make out a single word of it. However then the chorus comes in and sounds like ....

"Jump right into space girl
    Jump right into space girl
    X-ter-a-ter-es-trial-girrrl" (ie Extra-terrestrial girl)

Couldn't find it on google and I know its a longshot but maybe someone here has heard of it?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

was fairly sure when i saw the title. knew for definite when i read your description

the band is watercress, song title is specegirl. if your having difficulty finding it pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Thanks for that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

it's watercress no doubt, if it has mandolins it's has to be watercress. You should get their album Bummer, sadly their only ablum. I got all their eps excellent stuff. Seen them live and they where great. They broke up last year. Brian Acton has a new band called Drat but they are not near as good as Watercress where. Haven't heard anything from Dan Donnelly since the break up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 elfpoo

Hey everyone, this thread hasn't been replied to in a few years but on the off-chance that anyone's paying attention and is still interested in Watercress there's a torrent here:
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/2115490

It has all the EPs (which make up 'Three Pee') and most of the B-Sides, the 'Bummer' album and a second album called 'Pirates on the Vitamin Seas', which was never released.

Well worth the download!

• Advertisement
Advertisement