Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undisclosed recipents....

Options
  • 13-08-2002 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

May be making a mountain out of a mole hill here but spent te last hours trying to figure out how to set up an email list, to "undisclosed recipents" so i can email group emails about and not have people reply to all and start spamming them...

any ideas ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

in most e-mail programs you have a

to:
    cc:
    bcc:

bcc standing for base carbon copy (i think?). Just put all the e-mail addresses in the bcc field and they will all be mailed seperately. people will only see what was in the to and cc field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

nahdoic

can some one then reply to all and send loads of ****/spam about ??

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by paddyc
    nahdoic

can some one then reply to all and send loads of ****/spam about ??

thanks

no they can't - not if you put the list of addresses in the bcc field.

By the way, I believe BCC stands for 'blind carbon copy' - i.e.: those on that list get a copy of the message but don't see who's on that list (and so, no, they can't reply to those on that list).

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Originally posted by Bard
    'blind carbon copy'
    Thank you! That's it. Base carbon copy :rolleyes:

Advertisement