Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIN on Vodafone ad

Options
  • 13-08-2002 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

I'm perplexed, shocked, appalled, worried and confused.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

not as shocked as i when i heard hooker with a penis being played in the background for a brookside advertisement :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Are you serious???

Sweat lord...

But begs the question:

Why the hell where you watching Brookside?:)

t'wasnt brookside,it was an advert for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Perfect Drug was on the Lost highway soundtrack so its quite possible that the rights for what it can and can not be used for are not directly dictated by Trent Reznor. Certainly such an audiophile as Reznor wouldnt have allowed the Atrocious cutting and editing of the song.

As for hooker with a penis I cant imagine why Tool would sell the rights for advertising or why C4 would buy rights to use the song.

I can imagine a board meeting with the marketing dept regards their soundtrack budget.
    "Ah i see youve got Paul Okenfelds song, Sugarbabes, Britney and urm... something called Hooker With a Penis by a band called...urm Tool?"

It was probably a joke by some rocker in the ad dept and possibly done against copyright laws.

ps. I didnt hear the ad myself but are you sure it wasnt Around the World by Chilli Peppers. Start of that and Start of hooker with a penis are identical but played slightly higher by chilli peppers.

Originally posted by Toast
    ps. I didnt hear the ad myself but are you sure it wasnt Around the World by Chilli Peppers. Start of that and Start of hooker with a penis are identical but played slightly higher by chilli peppers.

are you saying that i cant spot a tool song? :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Perfect Drug was on the Lost highway soundtrack so its quite possible that the rights for what it can and can not be used for are not directly dictated by Trent Reznor. Certainly such an audiophile as Reznor wouldnt have allowed the Atrocious cutting and editing of the song.

That would be Reznor producing that soundtrack then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Originally posted by Robbo

That would be Reznor producing that soundtrack then...

I meant the cutting that was done to the song in the Ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have to admit its a little bit saucy for a vodaphone advert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Perfect Drug:

"The more I give to you the more I die"... Mr. Trent has a lot of problems he needs to sort out;)

Not the happiest song of all time...

Wonder will it do a Dandy Warhols' and go to number 1 in the charts?:)

Advertisement