Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SONORA looking for new drummer

Options
  • 14-08-2002 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Dublin based band SONORA are on the hunt for a new drummer.

Our current drummer, Mr. Shane Power, is moving upstairs to a 'director of football' type role, and will now manage the band full-time.

With several gigs already lined up, recording imminent and SERIOUS major label interest, it's going to be a busy time, so we'll need someone who's not afraid to roll up the sleeves.

Basically we're looking for someone between the ages of 19 and 27, with previous gigging or recording experience. Our influences would include ; Elvis Costello, The Beatles, Crowded House, Grant Lee Buffalo, The Charlatans, The Smiths.... , guitar based indie-pop/rock basically. (Just to give you more of an idea what we're like & what we're into, our current listening would include Coldplay, Elliot Smith, Turin Breaks, The Clash, Ryan Adams)

More information on us can be obtained from our website - www.sonoramusik.com.

Anyone interested can e-mail Shane via our website, or alternatively, can contact Sid on 086 8129605.

We're not a bad bunch so PLEASE don't be shy!

Sincere thanks,

SONORA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sonora

If anyone's looking to access our website, don't click on the above link..... it's ****ed!

The site can be accessed in the normal way by manually typing the address.

Thanks again!

If anyone reads this and knows of a drummer not doing anything at the moment, please let them know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

Check your private messages..............
    :)

....' only seeing this now. Will get Shane to check it in the mornin'!

Nice one.

Apologies, I'm new to this whole message board malarkey... didn't know how to 'work' the private message facility til now, and I don't know how to send you a private response.

Our last drummer emigrated on us. Our current drummer Shane, has been with us for the last 18 months or so, he isn't leaving, he's just moving into the managerial role, he has the experience and we need someone to do it full-time.

If you're interested in joining I could meet you in town over the weekend to give you a cd or 2 to listen to.

If you're interested call me on the mobile number above.

Cheers,

Sid.

• Advertisement

Apologies, I'm new to this whole message board malarkey... didn't know how to work the private message facility til now, and I don't know how to send you a private response.

Our last drummer emigrated on us. Our current drummer Shane, has been with us for the last 18 months or so, he isn't leaving, he's just moving into the managerial role, he has the experience and we need someone to do it full-time.

If you're interested in joining I could meet you in town over the weekend to give you a cd or 2 to listen to.

If you're interested call me on the mobile number above.

Cheers,

Sid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sgarapolo

Hello Gents,

I am a drummer from New York City, and I will be in Dublin from September 9-19th... I have no immediate plans to relocate, but if you were to get a deal, global travel would be lovely. Check out my website, iamadrummer.com, and let me know what you think.

Best,
    Scott

It'll be a few months before things are finalised on the deal front, it's still at the lawyers & lunches stage, but if you like Dublin and plan on hangin' around, give us a call.

Add your name to our mailing list and you'll be notified of some of our gigs (our current drummer will keep playing until a suitable replacement is found), you can check us out if we're playing while you're here. We may be in the UK at the time but give it a try.

Thanks Scott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BEHOLD!

Sonora...is that with Steven Sheridan and Niall McCarthy?

Stephen Sheridan - yes. Niall McCarthy - No. He's never been involved with Sonora. Himself and Stephen played in a band together about 4-5 years ago. Niall has his own band now. Don't know what they're called.

• Advertisement

Just keeping this where people can see it

Advertisement