Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DeV/Cloud/Regi - XML Question

• 14-08-2002 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

A question for DeVore/Cloud/Regi...

I seem to remember the top 20 posts (on the home page) being available in a plain text file on the boards.ie server which included all the fields necessary to display the top 20 list on another web site using XML.

Can ye let me know whereabouts this file is as I'm experimenting with XML and using it to grab info from files on other servers and I'd like to use that particular file as a guinea-pig.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

That text file was available for UBB only, however we are working on some XML that may be of use - either DeV or I can let you know more soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Ohhh yes, I remember now - t'was UBB, wasn't it?... Aye, well - no problem - t'will be interesting to play with it once ye have something set up with vBulletin.

So you're "God Emperor of Dune" now eh Cloud? How's that working out for you? Perks good? :p

Back into the sand with you worm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

If you *really* want I can write a perl script to do that in about 5 minutes.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

we've got it working just fine but we are thinking about a few things with it at the moment and I want to test one more security thing with it.

We're probably going to put it into RSS sometime soon too.

It will show the last 20 from all forums, or the last 20 from a specific forum.

DeV.

• Advertisement

The XML is ready.

To view the last 15 threads from all forums (except private):

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/xml.php

To view the last 15 threads for a specific forum, you must know the forum ID (this won't work for private forums):

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/xml.php?restricttoforum=103

Thanks to DeV and XOR for their SQL / PHP scripting respectively.

Please post comments here.

John.
    --

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Edit:
    Apologies, i seem to be a moron this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It works though, and with such lovely colours.

What were you expecting Dustaz? :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cloud, was just thinking....we could put another option on that xml yokey. Use a variable called "Subscribedforums" and if its 1 then use the sql I wrote from the 'subscribed' front page.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Yep I mentioned this but I couldn't get the SQL to work fully, I'll talk to you now about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Originally posted by Cloud
    Yep I mentioned this but I couldn't get the SQL to work fully, I'll talk to you now about it...

/me pictures Cloud turning around on his office chair to face DeV, who is sitting behind him at his own desk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

...and as Cloud turns the 4 foot long x-ray telescopic glasses he uses to see across Ireland swing using a complex series of pulleys and robotics...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

...the towns of Galway, Oranmore, Loughrea, Ballinasloe, Athlone, Kinnegad, Enfield collectivly duck so's not to block the view from NUIG to Spin's Offices...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

*chortle*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Kharn
    ...the towns of Galway, Oranmore, Loughrea, Ballinasloe, Athlone, Kinnegad, Enfield collectivly duck so's not to block the view from NUIG to Spin's Offices...
    And Boston volunteers to dig a hole through Slieve Bloom in exchange for Muppet Status Immunity

I suppose there could be some people who don't know that I actually work in Galway :)

Actually, Spin has nothing to do with Boards except that we designed it and 3 of the 5 admins work there.

Cloud and I have met 3 times in person as far as I recall. Ever :)
    I think we were running boards for over a year before we actually came face to face :)
    Weird thing is we talk on IRC or mail most days....

Now Regi and I often post stuff here to each other even though we sit right next to one another!

DeV.

Advertisement