Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Regional boards created

• 14-08-2002 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

As you've perhaps noticed, there's a new Regional category in the DHTML menu.

We've started with the 4 main population centres, and will work from there as need dictates.

Enjoy!

Moderator applications can be made here detailing how much of the cities you own, etc.

John.
    --

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Good stuff Cloud. Please make the PROC board private so I can rant to myself and not harm anyone in the process.

Dahamstas Considered Harmful

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I must also link to them from these I own when I've the sites ready:

www.galwaycity.com
    www.limerickcity.com
    www.dublincity.org
    www.corkcity.org
    www.corkcity.net
    www.irishcity.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I 0wn Dublin City. I live in Lucan, work and study in Donnybrook, and spent my youth in knocklyon, so I'm well travelled........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If cloud owned a private jet, I'd never fly again!

Cloud: "Hey look, I upgraded the engine to a type of propulsion system thats completely theoretical! Hey, you gotta try it sometime and now seemed as good a time as ever!"

DeV: "let me off!!!"

Cloud: "ok here, I've deleted all the doors and written my own teleportation system, you can be the first to try it!"

DeV: "WAaaaaaaaaaaah!" *runs away*

Cloud: "Oh yeah watch out for the laser weilding robot stewardesses.... oops."

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I like! :)

Any plans to expand to the other regions, Like
    North East, North West, West, Midlands, Mid-West, South East, South and South West???

Rural issues for rural folk?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I'd imagine there might be a case for "boarders in britain".

Theres a few I know of. WWM, for definite. And I think Bards brother is there as well from recollection.

You know just in case they all want to reciprocate events like the upcoming bash on the 24th!?

:)

[align=center][shadow=#006699]Fly Cloudair[/shadow][/align]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

The UK is currently hosting:

Shinji
    Mills
    the VaGGAbOND (dubious capitalisation)
    WWM
    Clinton's Cat
    and lil ol' Me of course

I'm sure there are others but I've no idea who they are...

Oh - and we have tried to recreate boards beer here on the 24th, but Shinji's got some bloody commitment to do with a bloody Christening so he's bloody ruined it now and god only bloody knows when it'll happen.

:p (and other raspberries to you bobby).

Actually, the main page is huge now, with the addition of these...is there a hack (or even an option) for vBulletin whereby certain categories can be rolled up by default, but regged users can select which ones are left rolled up and which ones aren't? It's a hack I saw for phpBB, but dunno if it's available for vBulletin.

Maybe if the 'Big Four' were left unrolled: Admin, AH, Games (I've heard those boards are popular for some reason :p) and Tech; but the rest were displayed rolled up by default? Just a thought....

• Advertisement

I think that band of british based peeps would sustain a board!?

Obviously its up to yourselves to request it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Duh, should have thought of London actually, theres loads of Boardsters over there.

and seamus, I have absolutely no idea what you just suggested but *rolling up* sounds good.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by 80project
    I think that band of british based peeps would sustain a board!?

But have you seen the list above? They would be at each others throats within a week.. would be fun to watch though.

Originally posted by DeVore
    and seamus, I have absolutely no idea what you just suggested but *rolling up* sounds good.

DeV.

It's all part of my plan to take over the internet through mind control see adnan's post

rolling up categories is good, and when you roll them up, it helps you feel at ease...and make you feel very very sleepy.....

:D:D

Originally posted by Hobbes

But have you seen the list above? They would be at each others throats within a week.. would be fun to watch though.

...no, no you'd be surprised actually...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

What about Belfast or Derry cities?

Your prolly right hobbes, but as you say good to watch though.
    (and hear reports of afore mentioned "bashes" :))

--
    Can be mod of the NYC chapter when I arrive next month.
    I've a party in my pants planned, so I need a board to promote it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

Theres not many people that get around Dublin city as i do I live in Templeogue wrk in Sandyford, Hang around every where e.g Tallaght, Stillorgan, city centre, Rathfarmham just to name a few, I was brought up in crumlin from there i moved to knocklyon and finally from there i moved to templeogue so u could say i get around.:D

DeV, can we please have a London community board, so that we can all talk about what Rob and Mills got up to in the pub on Friday night?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nice to see Waterford being ignored again...

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Harmo
    Theres not many people that get around Dublin city as i do I live in Templeogue wrk in Sandyford, Hang around every where e.g Tallaght, Stillorgan, city centre, Rathfarmham just to name a few, I was brought up in crumlin from there i moved to knocklyon and finally from there i moved to templeogue so u could say i get around.:D
    Ye culchie! ;)

Oh yeah, this is vaguely indicative of where boards people live http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57146

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Kilkenny eh? We'd have about .... 5? members :p

Maybe boards could be mixed, like Carlow/Kilkenny/Waterford all-in-one or something. Or maybe I'm talking through my arse again.

need sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by Stephen
    Maybe boards could be mixed, like Carlow/Kilkenny/Waterford all-in-one or something.

i concur. with the addition of tipp of course ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Make me mod of Galway cause I organise the Galway beers! Also, I wanna have more boards than amp under my name (this will make me joint on 4) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

yer waterford, tipperary etc needs attention ....

Nicely done with the expansion into counties!

Damo. (North Meath and South Cavan, trans-Pale freak, I fall between two stools!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

/Me owns Mayo...

Am sure we can get the other eight of us out for Boards drinkies at some stage ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Another place to moan about the luas :)

Can i be King of the Dubs? er, i mean moderator ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

aye, nice work on them boards, can i mod teh Tipp boards ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

nice 1 with the boards. if you need a mod for any of them i'll offer my services (living in dublin, but seems to be taken!)

Lucifer/Kev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

an english board would be nice.
    can we have one Dev?
    can we ?
    huh?
    Please?

Nominate we call it the Happy Bunnies Board where we can promote peace and love and happiness through mutual respect and Understanding.
    Yeah Right

Sure, once Cloud stops screwing around with stuff. <south park voice> Quit screwing around, you screw around too much </south park voice>

DeV.

I always knew you had jealousy issues with Cloud's screwing around...

• Advertisement

Clearly me having the first request and obvious 0wnage makes me the right choice for Dublin mod. You know it mocks sense. Unless of course DeV has decided to keep that little doozy for himself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Make me mod for Louth/Monaghan

It will give me a new excuse to live on boards,

Old Excuse: I`m off to check out any muppetry on boards

New Excuse: I`m off to sort out any muppetry on boards

See the difference:p

Oh and i own Monaghan, and large part of Louth:)

• London forum created (see my post there to decide on name).
    • New usergroup Regional Moderators created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭jd

I ownz wexford...eh I'll mod it if you want...

Do I espy a link to another forum in your sig seamus?! I don't think so...

• Advertisement

Do I espy a link to another forum in your sig seamus?! I don't think so...

Why sir! How could you think I'd ever have such an item in my possession! ;)

I have 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you're looking for mod volunteers for Limerick, then I'd be interested... :D

Haven't been stabbed or anything, but I know the city pretty well, having lived here for 12 years.

- Dave.

Um.... Longford..... in Connaught........ shome mhistake shurley! :)

Silly me! I clicked on the wrong group... Fixing... But what worries me is that no-one noticed 'til now!

BTW it may seem (it is!) like a lot of new boards; I intend merging counties with low post counts in the future when we see what's surviving on its own and what's not. As good a test as any...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Originally posted by Cloud
    Silly me! I clicked on the wrong group... Fixing... But what worries me is that no-one noticed 'til now!

BTW it may seem (it is!) like a lot of new boards; I intend merging counties with low post counts in the future when we see what's surviving on its own and what's not. As good a test as any...

Thank God for that, I thought I was seeing things. I'll look after Westmeath if you like, though i'd say the north Midlands might be the first area to merge as I'm convinced there's no one on Boards that lives within 50 miles of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

er I'd better stop swearing then. Being an R Mod who do I
    bow before? Who is the big Waterford cheese (Kilmeaden Cheader?) Do I sit on the bench and do the paperwork until he/she is all played-out?.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Being a wicklow man, <Tweek > can i be the guy who maintains the garden as it sure would be nice? </Tweek>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Hate to go against the grain here, but I think that the regional boards are really a waste of space. I noticed when they were first added it was just main areas of population; Dublin, Galway, Cork, etc. Now it's gone to **** and there's a board for every county and even an "Abroad" section.

Just voicing my opinion here, anyone else feel the same, or am I alone against the masses of RMods?

• Advertisement
Advertisement