Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Geekquiz

• 14-08-2002 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,521 ✭✭✭✭

So, how much of a geek are you? http://www.thudfactor.com/geekquiz.php
    You are 37% geek

You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.
    Normal: Tell our geek we need him to work this weekend.

You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more outta them engines!

Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!

You [to Normal]: He wants to know if he gets overtime.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

You are 42% geek

Same little story thing as you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

You are 13% geek
    boy_0x25.jpg
    OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutiae. God, I hate you.

Geekquiz:
    7% geek
    OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutiae. God, I hate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Final Score:
    You are 7% geek

i thought i'd score a lot higher

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You are 11% geek

same story as the 7% ers.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

You are 42% geek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I'm 37% geek! Bugger....
    You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

You are 17% geek

Hey, I hate me too:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

7% geek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

7%

yay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

You are 11% geek

I didn't realise I'd be THAT low lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

You are 35% geek

You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more outta them engines!

Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!

RoaR! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

32% - hmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You are 17% geek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

You are 43% geek

Me rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

do matter how hard i try i cannot get 100% GEEK!i got 42% geek :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

You are 23% geek

*snicker*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

12%

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

You are 47% geek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

23% thought it might be worse.

They do seem to be fascinated by Britney though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

You are 39% geek.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

3%.....

HA! you're an even bigger non-loser then me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

17% geek
    messing about i got
    You are 51% geek
    You are a geek. Good for you! Considering the endless complexity of the universe, as well as whatever discipline you happen to be most interested in, you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book store, a net connection, and thousands of dollars worth of expensive equipment. Assuming you're a technical geek, you'll be able to afford it, too. If you're not a technical geek, you're geek enough to mate with a technical geek and thereby get the needed dough. Dating tip: Don't date a geek of the same persuasion as you. You'll constantly try to out-geek the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

You are -2% geek
    Boy, you really broke through the bottom on this one. You are SO not geek. I recommend staying away from conventions, computer stores, colleges, universities, or anywhere else people might display the slightest interest in something other than what's on TV at the present moment. Your mere presence among geeks of any degree is incredibly dangerous to the continued existence of the known universe. Here, I'll say it slow so you can understand: Anti-geek + Geek = Big Boom. Now go read a book, for god's sake.

strange considering i am a computer programmer eh?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

You are 21% geek

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

You are 8% geek

hahahha, great test :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

You are 44% geek

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

6% Blah blah...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

You are 14% geek...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

3%????? 3 feckin percent??!?!?

This can't be right..... i'm definately more of a geek than 3%

btw......wtf is polly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

3% yeah baby, its time to take the power back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

boy_25x50.jpg

You are 42% geek

OK hope this works......I managed to get as close to 100 that I could
    You are 92% geek

boy_75x100.jpg

OK. There is such a thing as too much geekness. I suspect you're spending far too much time with the boys or girls of the Internet. The closer your score is to 100%, the closer you are to going right out the other side and being a nerd. Geeks rule. Where geeks are socially-inept, nerds are socially incompetent. Not even geeks can take nerds. So let's be careful, huh? Watch a little TV, maybe listen to some popular radio, read a little Stephen King, anything to ensure you can communicate with the 99.44% of the population that isn't all that concerned with the minutiae of whatever it is you happen to be geeky about. It's OK to be a geek, but go much further and you'll be a genuine bore.

Otherwise I keep coming out with 3%.....doesn't seem right to me somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

HTML code is OFF
    does this improve my geek score ?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by StrataGIST

does this improve my geek score ?

Go directly to Geekville. Do not pass GO do not collect $200 and do not try to talk to any ladies on the way there - you may scar them for life!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

18% :/

I reckon everyone should add 50% to their score for simply taking this dumb test.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

18% here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

You are 16% geek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

You are 32% geek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

You are 40% geek, You are a geek liaison.
    Sounds about rite :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

A Neon, Civic, or other basic conveyence
    ????????? damn americans!
    12% myself, i lied about the music part tho (i didnt want to put them all in the zero postion:rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

You are 13% geek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 pika

I think I am the coolest :) at least my Mommy tells me I'm Cool!!

You are -1% geek
    Boy, you really broke through the bottom on this one. You are SO not geek. I recommend staying away from conventions, computer stores, colleges, universities, or anywhere else people might display the slightest interest in something other than what's on TV at the present moment. Your mere presence among geeks of any degree is incredibly dangerous to the continued existence of the known universe. Here, I'll say it slow so you can understand: Anti-geek + Geek = Big Boom. Now go read a book, for god's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

40% :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

You are 60% geek
    You are a geek. Good for you! Considering the endless complexity of the universe, as well as whatever discipline you happen to be most interested in, you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book store, a net connection, and thousands of dollars worth of expensive equipment. Assuming you're a technical geek, you'll be able to afford it, too. If you're not a technical geek, you're geek enough to mate with a technical geek and thereby get the needed dough. Dating tip: Don't date a geek of the same persuasion as you. You'll constantly try to out-geek the other.

.logic.

Advertisement