Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Band

Options
  • 14-08-2002 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Which of the above is your favourite??

Which is your favourite band? 40 votes

Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    0% 0 votes
    Metallica
    20% 8 votes
    Nirvana
    17% 7 votes
    Papa Roach
    10% 4 votes
    System of a Down
    0% 0 votes
    Radiohead
    7% 3 votes
    CTYI DJ
    27% 11 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    17% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

CTYI DJ!!! He rocks, despite being unable to play the simplest of songs without the sound fouling up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Okay, the Chilis are cool. And Papa Roach rock, especially the song and video Broken Home. But, it had to be System of a Down. Sorry, they just rock. The rest of that list suck quite hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Righty, your list is the list equivelent of a 10-year-old Mansonite because

1) You forgot something like "the nostalgic bit of tat formely known as Atari Jaguar," which as far as I understand, is something of a requirement.

2) You forgot They Might Be Giants, which as far as I understand, is a mortal sin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

alim is evil!
    evil!

(but i loves him, still)

EVVVIIIILLLL!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

WHY AM I EVIL THERESA!!!!!
    P.S. I thought about Atari Jaguar, but i thought someone copyrighted that or something. sorry!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

For the obvious reasons pointed out by TheAlmightyArse.
    god your getting more paranoid than me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

System! but metallica + chilis are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

And what of Gong, Type O Negative, Queen, U2, Cradle Of Filth, and so forth?

And what of artists <as opposed to bands>, such as Tom Waits, Jeff Buckley, Leonard Cohen, etc?

Pah! I SPIT ON YOU! DAMN YOUR MOTHER! THROW HIM TO DEATH! I WILL KILL HIM INTO PIECES!

FOR ALL YOU PEOPLES INFORMATION (especially u lordsippa, a.k.a. *"!*%^$&"*&""!£$%*^) I MADE THIS POLL OUT OF THE BANDS I HEARD PLAYING MOST DURING CTYI SES2 2002. (cept i forgot the strokes. damn)
    OK!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jesus, take your pills dude.

• Advertisement

i'm imune to my pills. next thing would be anasthetics. not useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

yes yes calm down. its alllll right. everythings ok. shhhhhhhh, ok. i vote for the ctyi DJ because he introduced me to things i had never heard before 9th grade. and some of my now favorite songs. although youre right about not being able to play a song without messing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

hmm...
    ctyi DJ:
    Memories of him trying to mix over (on a cd turntable) Death Magick for Adepts by Cradle of Filth...
    I want an atari jaguar to protest on this poll..

Originally posted by Aliminator
    FOR ALL YOU PEOPLES INFORMATION (especially u lordsippa, a.k.a. *"!*%^$&"*&""!£$%*^) I MADE THIS POLL OUT OF THE BANDS I HEARD PLAYING MOST DURING CTYI SES2 2002. (cept i forgot the strokes. damn)
    OK!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I SAID THIS BEFORE GANDALF. and read above for more info on Atari Jaguar

OW.Those capitals hurt.
    I don't see how a post about the Ctyi DJ mixing cradle of filth has got to do with the bands listed above.It was merely a story regurgitation.I'd tell you to chill, but I think the polar ice caps would stop melting. (how droll)
    and as RE: atari jaguar, methinks Atari's lawyers aren't browsing this site..

then again...

and its g@ndalf.
    gandalf is a completely different entity.a powerful one too.
    BUT NOT AS POWERFUL AS ME!!!!!!
    MUHAHAHAHH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Ah, but according to your avatar, you're not one but two people! This hardly seems fair, and begs the question: if each of you was to be caught alone, Mr G@ndalf, would one of you, on his/her/its own be any match for Gandalf? Hmmm? Eh? *pokes* Cuddy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JarJar bink

Add more bands to the POLL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

aw without a doubt , system of a down ,,,,,go on da system!!! they rock so hard , brilliant!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

hmmm i think this should be re-done with *my* favorite band

STEPS

:eek: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dead End Roadie

erm... what about Everclear or Alkaline Trio or the Hives eh? I dunno maybe that's justa dream but without dreams would ther world not be a better place for the sleepless? The insomniacs deserve equal rights damn you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Just realised Jeff Buckley is missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Pretty Vacant

Originally posted by Aliminator
    OK!?!?!?!?!?!?!

BAH,How could you forget The Strokes ! they probably were THE most played band (they were almost on constant play on the Art Design stereo!)
    and don't get me started on The Hives !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Pretty Vacant

strokes%20logo.gif

Originally posted by Dead End Roadie
    erm... what about Everclear or Alkaline Trio or the Hives eh? I dunno maybe that's justa dream but without dreams would ther world not be a better place for the sleepless? The insomniacs deserve equal rights damn you

Everclear: Rock!!
    Alkaline Trio: Rock!!
    The Hives: How dare you class them as equals with Alkaline Trio and Everclear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mbabazi

Saw him at the Pat's and Shels game, bet ya he misses us all!

Bet ya he misses you aswell ... did he start on you again during session two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mbabazi

Wasn't the DJ, it was the "sound man" who was far from a sound man.

Talking of DJ's, wasn't THE DJ absolutely amazing yesterday at Croker. What a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

i'm sorry, but The Hives and The Strokes are, in my opinion absolutley terrible.

• Advertisement

The Hives are just, ugh! Jesus, seriously, I can hardly bear to listen to them! I don't know what it is, it's just one of those natural dislikes ...

The Strokes aren't brilliant, they're not the worst though ... and they have your man from Home Improvement in their newest video.

Advertisement