Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Band

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

ARE U A CTYIER/CTYIZEN!! WE ALL LOVE DA STROKES!!
    GRR.
    P.S. don't be an idiot and say that for the world of CTYI to see. Freedom of Expression doesn't exist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dead End Roadie

Well that's just my opinion and don't I hae a write to an opinion? Oh wait no I don't. nevermind. Who's everyone here anyways? I'm Eimhin from said Art Design Class, of Afro Co. Fame. The Strokes did get played yet they also got listened to so noone dsputes their success in penetrating ctyi this year, eh?
    Ah yeah and ya missed out on Weird Al Yankovich AND Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie too. They most certainly warp my fragile little mind, godbless the wee little buggahs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

Originally posted by Dalamar
    i'm sorry, but The Hives and The Strokes are, in my opinion absolutley terrible.

right.
    dalamar.
    the above statement will piss yuri (and joe but hes not here) off alot.
    pissing yuri off will piss me off.
    pissing ME off will lead to your destruction.
    do ya GET me, sweetheart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

but Sim speaks the truth. And I would love to encounter your wrath. I likes it like dat.(underground comic reference)

are u sure Garog? it's not really pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Pretty Vacant

Originally posted by Dead End Roadie
    Well that's just my opinion and don't I hae a write to an opinion? Oh wait no I don't. nevermind. Who's everyone here anyways? I'm Eimhin from said Art Design Class, of Afro Co. Fame. The Strokes did get played yet they also got listened to so noone dsputes their success in penetrating ctyi this year, eh?
    Ah yeah and ya missed out on Weird Al Yankovich AND Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie too. They most certainly warp my fragile little mind, godbless the wee little buggahs

hey Eimhin,
    It's Yuri (again from art design fame)....talk to you later...

I shall take some time aside to discuss the dangers and pitfalls of using sunscreen. Lets face it no matter how much it says not sticky on the bottle yer gonna get sand up yer craw and the minute ya take a swim ya've got an oil slick on hand...no wait that's something else.... nevermind. all is unclear but do not fear for I am here not far but near. Ever notice that when yer havinga perfectly great day (in other words ya wake up alive) then suddenly ya get the schtick. It's like from our birth we're sentenced to life ****in imprisonment. a prison without bars. our minds our wardens. our fears our only company. damn chink chink chink of the drinking glass against the bars that aren't there the sweetest music you'll ever know. Ya figurre couldn't get any worse and yer right it doesn't but you live for change and the monetany drives you insane. you find yourself wanting it to get worse, anything, just as long as it's different. Different beat of the heart different drip of the tap different chink chink chink of the drinking glass. Then you wake up. Never want to sleep again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CTYI DJ

Originally posted by Dead End Roadie
    I shall take some time aside to discuss the dangers and pitfalls of using sunscreen. Lets face it no matter how much it says not sticky on the bottle yer gonna get sand up yer craw and the minute ya take a swim ya've got an oil slick on hand...no wait that's something else.... nevermind. all is unclear but do not fear for I am here not far but near. Ever notice that when yer havinga perfectly great day (in other words ya wake up alive) then suddenly ya get the schtick. It's like from our birth we're sentenced to life ****in imprisonment. a prison without bars. our minds our wardens. our fears our only company. damn chink chink chink of the drinking glass against the bars that aren't there the sweetest music you'll ever know. Ya figurre couldn't get any worse and yer right it doesn't but you live for change and the monetany drives you insane. you find yourself wanting it to get worse, anything, just as long as it's different. Different beat of the heart different drip of the tap different chink chink chink of the drinking glass. Then you wake up. Never want to sleep again

Hey everybody ,it's good to know I'm popular !
    (and hey Eimhin,your little story is quite......disturbing)

are u really the CTYI DJ?? i doubt it

HEY EVERYONE!
    especially yuri and eimhin and bob
    but heylio to all u guys aswell....i'm happyful for some reason.
    better enjoy it while it lasts until i get once more immersed in the vat of sadness/deprssion that is my life.
    ah.
    smiling inanely at a computer is good.
    i think this is my 200th post!
    yay!

• Advertisement

Story? what's that then? Ya should hear a tale from the lost scrolls of Fingerarse, they're quite needlessly stupid yet some how alluring, like the way ya can't help lookin at a car wreck no matter how bad it looks. Yer the Dj, eh?
    Show us some proof I say

eimhin!
    you never emailed ME the lost scrolls of fingerarse!
    so, so, SO unloved now....

really? Sorry bout that but o course I only got yer email address at the strat of the week... wait what day is it today? I'm thinkin Saturday, close?
    Yeah it's absolute ****e, but ****e of the highest possible calibre. yuri thought very (eh, what's the word?) highly (i think) of it. Well Enjoy. i sent parts the Firsth and parts the Secondsth

bejayzuz twon't even let me say t r i p e, damn censors

Really?
    [TESTING] Tripe [/TESTING]

u sure u weren't saying S h i t e?? tripe works

not ignoring alim!!!
    it wasnt his fault i suppose!!!
    just dont email people photos of me again, ok?
    i love you alim!!

finally! i'm worthy again! go me!

yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Okay... back on topic for just one post...

Papa Roach are the only band in the list that didn't get a vote, I feel sorry for them so I'm going to make them feel better because I bought tickets to their concert yesterday. That should be fun 'cos I'm going with Dermo. Don't be upset Papa Roach... an upset like this could cause those guys to kill themselves you meanies!

• Advertisement

you see Bob, that would be a GOOD thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Well, y'see Garóg... death is bad. I dunno, maybe you think it's okay for people to die just because they don't create music that appeals to you... but, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

my favourite band would be the frames.i love them dearly.of the list above.....radiohead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

oh,and papa roach don't deserve votes.they're shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhite.
    and not everyone at ctyi loves the strokes.if they stopped recording the same songs over and over and pretending they were different ones,perhaps....
    i think the hives are good.not in the "wow,that song is a musical masterpiece"way,or even the "oh,what a melody,what a voice singing it"way,but they're fun.
    did i have anything else to say??
    oh,yes.hello eimhin and yuri,éadaoin here.

'cmon. we just need 11 or votes for nice whole number figures. 11 more!! recruit ppl!!

Advertisement