Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junichi Inamoto

• 15-08-2002 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Does anyone know what the real sthory is with this guy? Have Arsenal sold/released him or is he just on a season long loan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Arsenal never bought him they had him on a 1 year loan from Osaka I think. He is now on loan from the Japanese team to Fulham.

Obviously he didn't sell the required number of footy shirts in Japan :p

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

arsenal bought him alright, but they released him from his contract at the start of the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Gandalf is right there. Arsenal never owned him just had him on loan. Now Fulham have him on loan for one season with first refusal on a permanent deal at the end of the loan deal.

arsenal bought him for £3million last summer, i think youll find.

from arsenal.com:

"Inamoto ready to face Premiership

- Junichi Inamoto -
    "I believe I have the qualities to make it over here"
    JUNICHI INAMOTO has finally signed for Arsenal and insisted that he is ready for the challenge of the Premiership.

The 21-year-old midfield player agreed in principle to the move from Gamba Osaka last month, but had to wait until the mid-way point of the J-League season to finalise the deal.

[23 July 2001]"

"Inamoto pleased at Arsenal progress

Junichi Inamoto
    JAPANESE star Junichi Inamoto has revealed how delighted he is by his progress at Highbury.

Inamoto, who only arrived at Highbury in the summer after moving from J-League side Gamba Osaka, has already been heavily involved in the first team squad.

[04 October 2001]"

"OUR JAPANESE midfielder Junichi Inamato sent the World Cup into overdrive with his man of the match performance for the joint host nation against Belgium over the weekend.

Inamato scored his second ever goal for Japan in the 2-2 draw which keeps them on course to qualify should they get a win over Russia in their next group game on Sunday.

Inamoto said: "It was a match we could have won, but I am satisfied with a 2-2 result at home. We earned a precious one point."

And Inamoto hopes that his display was enough to impress Arsene Wenger, who is in Japan watching the World Cup Finals

[05 June 2002]"

"Junichi Inamoto joins Fulham

- Junichi Inamoto -
    FORMER Arsenal midfielder Junichi Inamoto will remain in London this season after joining Fulham.

The Japanese international spent last season at Highbury but found first-team opportunities hard to come by, although he was a regular in the reserve side.

After being released at the end of the season, the 22-year-old enjoyed a successful World Cup with Japan, netting twice in the group stages to help his country progress to the Second Round for the first time in their history.

Those impressive displays persuaded Fulham to swoop and Inamoto will again be battling for a Premiership place this season.

"London still appeals to me, I have decided on my future," he said. "I have always thought it would be difficult to make it in England. It is very physical, but I can cope."

Fulham have initially signed Inamoto on a one-year loan from J-League side Gamba Osaka, with an option for a further three-year deal that would keep him in west London until 2006.

[15 July 2002]"

phew, there we go...

arsenal > released > gamba osaka > fulham

thats the way he went

sorry for bein a picky bastard, but i always have to prove meself lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Inamoto is on a one year loan deal with Fulham with an option to buy at the end of the year.

Judging by his form so far for Fulham in the inter toto cup he will join.

Scored a great goal in the Final First leg on Tuesday.

Fulham for the premiership in 2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Helix, theres no mention of 3m in your articles.

I think what youll find is that the price was 3m, Arsenal took him on loan from osaka with an option to buy. They didnt go with the option and released him (back to osaka) and fulham have now taken him on loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gelmir

Helix, theres no mention of 3m in your articles.

I think what youll find is that the price was 3m, Arsenal took him on loan from osaka with an option to buy. They didnt go with the option and released him (back to osaka) and fulham have now taken him on loan.

ah that makes a lot more sense, I didnt think Arsenal paid 3 million for him and then released after 1 year.

I know he a pretty good player but I don't think he was goin' to get much of a run in the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It seemed kinda silly releasing him he may not be amazing but he's a solid premiership quality player. He can play on the left side as well which would be valuable to Arsenal with Ljundberg and Pires crocking it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

but he's a solid premiership quality player
    u a regular at Arsenal reserve games then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yeah me and Graham Barrett are like this.... nah but in the world cup he looked as if he could hold his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

So could Gary Breen,

Somehow i doubt there`ll be a rush of West Ham shirts being sold to the Irish fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

LOftus road was full of Japanese people today, there to see Inamoto I know Fulham will appreciate the extra supporters.

Advertisement