Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win XP Pro problem

• 15-08-2002 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

I booted up today, and now if I press ctrl,shift,caps-lock,start button, e,
    i, d, c, the system speaker buzz's rather loudly, and shift and control no
    longer do what there supposed to.

I tried rebooting multiple times, looked in the CP but cant find anything to
    explain this.

Oh, and when I press shift it moves the cursor to the start of the text or
    the first icon, and the chars "7K" appears.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Try a different keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I'd love to but dont have one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

You have stickykeys enabled. Simple go to the control panel. Double click on accesssibility options. And unlick Use Sticky Keys in the dialog and click ok. You probably kept your finger on shift for about 3 seconds or pressed shift 5 times. This activates stickey keys.

Have a nice day.

Donal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

danm sticky keys, for the first few weeks of using xp i always held down shift to stop cd's autoplaying (an old win 98 trick)
    the cd still autoplays, and you get this sticky key rubbish coming up on the screen.
    i still make this mistake every now and again:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

me tooooooooooooooo

until i discovered how to take it off. Go into control panel....accessablility options, in the dialog click settings for sticky keys and unselect "Use Shortcut" ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement