Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Changer help

• 15-08-2002 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Ok folks I found this 6 Cd changer in the job, its scsi and ive installed a scsi card and got the changer working, its loaded with cds and i can see em in my computer (win98) but i cant open em, if i click on em it says drive not ready.
    Do i need jukebox software and if so where can i get some for free?
    this is just a network experiment, we want to be able to access these cds from the network, but i can just share em.
    the cd changer is a Pioneer Lasermemory DRM-624X

Anyone have any experience with such an item?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Can you actually see the contents of the CD. Just wondering as Pioneer cd's normally go in upside down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I have the cds in upside down, i cant see the contents, when i open up my computer i can see 6 CD icons, if i right click on one of em and click "Eject" the cartrifge ejects so its getting info, i just cant open up the actual CD in my computer, it says "Device Not Ready"
    i think i need software but im not sure

bomb,

Have used a Panasonic jukebox similar to yours and it doesn't need any software once the jukebox is installed(if you can see it, you can use it).

As it is, your on a Win98 box. Is the jukebox attatched to this machine or is it off on a network server somewhere.

If on a server can you see it locally (not just a share/user rights problem). If on the 98 box, does any documentation with the drive confirm that it supports Win98.

ta,

Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

there was no docs with it, all i found was the changer and a scsi cable, i found a driver for win95 though, so i assume it would work with 98.
    its on a local machine

Bomb,

Pioneer's support page for your drive. If the DOS303 drivers don't sort it out I think I'd throw it at Pioneers support people for an answer.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/ServiceAndSupport/SelfHelpForIndDet/1,1457,1348,00.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement