Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Help

• 15-08-2002 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

I have a problem with my monitor. Basically its not working!

A couple of days ago I was using it and everything was fine. I turned it off and went out. When I came back in later it just wasn't working. Its just dead. There doesn't seem to be any power getting to it. I think though that it must be something small that has gone?? because the CRT is fine. Theres just no power. The little LED on the front isn't on.

I tried changing the power lead but it made no difference. So its not the fuse in the plug and I could only find one fuse in the monitor and it looks to be ok. Could someone please give me some advice as to what the problem is? I have to go to an internet cafe to check for replies. So if you could ring me with any advice it would be great. I'm 086-8609123. Thanks a million.

By the way its a gateway badged tosiba 17" monitor and it was bought in 97. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I dont think many places repair monitors anymore, cause it coasts less to buy a second hard or refurbished monitor.
    So you could try computer repair places to see if they'll have a look. They make sure its not just a wire come off a circuit board or something easly fixed like that, but realistically you better brace yourslef for bad news.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hehe PC World refurbish them, to date, i went thru 3 refurbished monitors, but this one i have is new :) hehe lucky i have the coverplan :)

Oh it often happend with them old monitors i had from PC World that they packed in very early, once the problem u described cropped up so instead of getting a new one, i got an electrician to see if he could salvage it, and he told me it was a short or something from the power button on the front, so u mite wanna try that :) hope it helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

The ev700 seems to fail a lot in this manner. I think its a power circuitry problem, take a look in these threads:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50163&highlight=ev700

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52706&highlight=ev700

Power circuitry won't be too expensive to fix.

btw I found these by searching the tech board for ev700.

Advertisement