Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What does your car reg say about u?

Options
  • 15-08-2002 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I'm from Dublin, work and live in Dublin - so naturally I had a D reg car.

My culchie boyfriend decided to change his car, and offloaded his culchie car reg on me (well it's a better car than mine was). He now has a D reg whereas I have a KK

In the month or so I've had it, I get more courteous treatment from Dubliners than I ever did in a D reg car. Funny cos I thought would be the opposite. But even this morning, was in wrong lane on Bachelor Walk and all the cars let me cross two lanes - wouldn't have happened in a D reg.

Anyone any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

You've obviously got large breasts. No no no joking!!

I've a DL reg mini and i get treated like the DL culchie that I am when in Dublin.

If you park around D u have more of a chance of getting ure car flooked over too when u've a down the country yock like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

My bike has a MH (Meath) reg but i never thought much of it and i dont seem to get treated different on the roads. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Mine says that I'm from Galway and the car was regged in 94.

Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by mdf
    Anyone any thoughts?

They probably thought you were lost and gave you a break, rather than a cheeky local fe€ker. People always have a quick glance at the license plate when someone does something unexpected. If they see a 'foreign' plate they'll forgive you being an idiot. If they see a local plate they'll think you're acting the bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

mine KK , an i would`nt want it any other way , because well thats where i from an i`m very proud of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

My bike's a KK reg too, makes sense since that's where I am from :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

slightly off-topic but not really:

possibly the greatest two personalised number plates I've ever seen (most are dire pieces of contrived up your arse crap)..

R1FLE on a TVR Cerbera (i've seen this several times around dublin in fact) and WOM4N (in darwin, australia).. on a late 80s datsun :)

and on-topic.. I act the same way when driving in Dublin, if I see a country plate (mines KE for the record) I'll give them a bit more space and patience, same with any english/foreign plate or cars with Learner stickers for that matter.

Advertisement