Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lead singer of drowning pool found dead!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

he died on the tour bus, poor dude.
    HHH doesnt use drowning pool he uses motorhead, DP done a version of "The Game" for a CD thats all

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

err dude that ain't funny..

and neither will the inevitable jokes involving body, floor and hitting all of which were made over on fark.com if anyone finds them funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Yeah sorry I took it off. I never liked dp anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

jaysus thats a shock anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Steve M

Damn. They were such a cool band and they made the Ozzfest worthwhile by half two. Dave will be sorely missed.

R.I.P. Dave Williams

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

Unexpected this is and an unfortunate loss to rock in roll.

RIP Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that's a bit of a shock :(

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

No end of surprises now-a-days :(
    RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Tis pretty shocking...wondered what the cause of death was?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Manassas, Virginia --- Drowning Pool singer Dave Williams was found dead on the band's tour bus this afternoon. The quartet from Dallas, Texas has been performing as one of the main stage attractions on Ozzfest. The cause of death has yet to be determined.

God knows deco :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Originally posted by Pugsley

From what I read, it seems he died in his sleep, probably after choking on his own vomit (ala John Bohnam). after a big drinking session

Not a big fan of their music but it's still sad to see a young guy die like that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Perhaps he choked *on* vomit?

You can't dust for vomit y'know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Originally posted by Pugsley

Well aren't you the smartarsé......It was a rhetorical question you muppet.

muppet.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

yeah......... they (a/we)re a cool band.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Man, that sucks so bad. I thought they kicked ass, and even my mates that didn't like them admitted he worked the crowd great at Ozzfest. Dimebag Darrell nicknamed him "stage" because of his great stage presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 escapeing death

R.I.P

i heard it has been confirmed he choked on his own vomit
    poor guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Satan's Kitten

that's such a f**kin tragedy! that poor guy. my condolences to drowning pool fans who'll b affected by this.

f**kin waste

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Crucifix
    Man, that sucks so bad. I thought they kicked ass, and even my mates that didn't like them admitted he worked the crowd great at Ozzfest. Dimebag Darrell nicknamed him "stage" because of his great stage presence.
    Knowing Dimebag, that wouldn't have been the only reason for him being nicknamed "stage"... I'll let you figure that out for yourself...

Its always a shame to see a young guy with his whole life and career in front of him die in the way he did. A true tragedy.

R.I.P. Dave Williams

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sad indeed - not into Drowning Pool at all, but it is always sad when somehting like this happens. But lads, if you thought they kicked ass at Ozzfest you are sadly mistaken. Maybe 10% of the crowd paid attention? 15% at best I'd say - they sucked ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

hmm...I wouldn't go as far as saying they sucked ass. I only knew 2 of their songs but the rest weren't that bad. What a way to go...goddamn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 darque

:eek: F*ck! That sucks, what a shock and such a shame.

Oh well...sh*t happens!Life must continue on but unfortunately it will continue on without the talents of one Dave Williams R.I.P
    I'm far from done, the truth is right there in front of me, realize through my eyes I can't speak so damn weak, the face before me shows what my life will be, everybody knows, everyone but me - Lyrics from 'Follow'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Maybe the rest of the crowd wasn't paying attention, but in the moshpit it was cool. And they played great.
    However popular they were, my friends and I enjoyed their set.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Crucifix
    Maybe the rest of the crowd wasn't paying attention, but in the moshpit it was cool. And they played great.
    However popular they were, my friends and I enjoyed their set.
    If you were in the same pit as I was (with that old bald fella with the Chillies t-shirt in it), then it wasn't a pit at all. Just a load of pussies jumping up and down into each other. I wasn't really listening to DP at the time I just wanted to bust every single hoodie in that pit. It really was giving Ireland a bad name. The show only started when Therapy? came on and played Master of Puppets (well the intro anyway).

Advertisement