Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who is from louth?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

I'm from Drogheda...

Yup it stinks... but it's better than Dundalk :-P
    (let's see what kinda argument this starts ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Kye^

I like most people from Drogheda, I go there every now and then and its better than Dundalk imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

OK KEV U WEIRDO

DUNDALK SCUM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Kye^

emmmmm fu?

U fail that sys anal exam rob?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

Dundalk is not SCUM! Its better than Drogheda! anyone to back me up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I would, but in all honesty, I detest going outside of the college / Park Street area. Not that Drugheda is that much better. Its got a swanky new bridge, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

are you talking about the bridge on the motorway? Just because it really isn't in Drogheda, it's well outside the town... almost as if it's bypassing it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

i live in Dundalk now
    but i aint no Dundalk scum like Kye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

I'm from Ardee so I can tell you this about Dundalk and Drogheda..........

Dundalk is known to be a knacker town and to be fair some of the people from there are cúnts, but overall I like it. The layout of the town is nice and the people talk more like Ardee people than Drawwwwwwwwda people. They're a wee northern twang I suppose.

I don't like Drogheda at all, and lots of people don't. Half the people seem to have a knacker dublin accent now, the town is a cúnt to drive through.
    I just hate that accent, it's the wohhhhhssst is the country IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Dundalk > Drogheda tbh.

Dundalk isn't exactly Beverley Hills, but Drogheda is just horrible.

Naturally, of course, I would choose Ardee over either Dundalk or Drogheda anyday. Its home to Europes Finest Nightclub, after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

Dundalk is far better than drogheda....

people from Drogheda don't know if they're from Louth or Dublin they're fúcked up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 JasonRoberts

i alas am from Dundalk, out side it any way, but i unlike the majority of dundalk people am not "skanky" like most of dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

i alas am from Dundalk, out side it any way, but i unlike the majority of dundalk people am not "skanky" like most of dundalk
    I know what you mean but I think it is a bit harsh to say the majority are skanky. Sure there is no shortage, but I think there are more decent skins than scummers. That said you won't catch me about the Crowe Street - Earl Street - Square Killing Fields on a weekend night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 JasonRoberts

yeah your wright, but when your walking around Dundalk there seems to be swarms of skank, and it almost seems as if the decent people are hiding! However i have been known to hang out around them just for a good laugh! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Ehhhhhhh................I'm drunk. Whats goin on? I dont understand you........................YO! :cool: :o My nappy feels really moist. I think think that I I may have have soiled my botty oh and all of my clothing. What will I do? :D Maybe I should call on Doctor Jones, does he have a suggestion? Is there somebody in here called Doctor Jones? I heard there was, why did you lie to me? Im easy and vulnerable, dont you love me anymore? WHY, OH WHY? :D;);) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I live near Drogheda but my family moved from drogheda itself to here 25 years ago. Dad's Droghedean and Mam's from cavan. Believe me, I don't like this influx of Dubliners any more than you do but it's not fair for the native folk to be branded as Dubliners. After all, Drogheda always had a fairly large population.

Dundalk got a sh**e load of investment over the past 6 years (noting a Minister was elected there around that time) and Drogheda has been neglected. Anyway, not many younger people in Drogheda have the accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Dundalk got a sh**e load of investment over the past 6 years (noting a Minister was elected there around that time) and Drogheda has been neglected..

Investment in Dundalk can certainly not be attributed to Dermot Ahern, if that's what you are alluding to. He has done squat for the town since his election, apart from maybe speeding up hospital cutbacks :mad:

Dundalk has been a subject of investment, with various cross-border schemes, for a long time now, and it's only since the early to mid 90's that any of it really came to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Have you seen that useless mermaid statue in the minister's home town of Blackrock? I also saw that the phone exchange in Blackrock was upgraded to support broadband even though its population is less than 1500. I imagine that he may have "persuaded" eircon to spare the embarrasement for the communications minister?

Have you seen that useless mermaid statue in the minister's home town of Blackrock? I also saw that the phone exchange in Blackrock was upgraded to support broadband even though its population is less than 1500. I imagine that he may have "persuaded" eircon to spare the embarrasement for the communications minister?

;)
    TBH I don't go out to Blackrock all that often.
    A Mermaid statue of all things?, supposedly related to some legend dreamt up by the local tourist group no doubt :rolleyes:
    That's interesting about the exchange being upgraded, there's a guy in work who lives out there that ended up having to make do with that digiweb offering. Must get him to check wether he can get the Eircom DSL now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

ima bring bak this thread frm the dead,im from ardeee hey!cmon hu else is frm the wee county?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

ima bring bak this thread frm the dead,im from ardeee hey!cmon hu else is frm the wee county?

Anuder Boi frum da towen Hah, greut 2 here frum ya.

Wear ya at the Shambals Saturdaye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Father Jack

i'm from dundalk...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wedfan

I'm from Ardee :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Wan teh tewn >_<

Living in Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dfitz1

I'm Duuundaaalk too,
    Red Barns Road to be exact (possibly the worst road in the county!) :rolleyes:

dfitz1 wrote:
    ....Red Barns Road to be exact (possibly the worst road in the county!) :rolleyes:

It really is. And WTF is it with freakin big lorries using it to evade traffic, there should be a damn weight restriction on that road :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

Just shows you how high on the councils priority the Red Barn Rd is....... the traffic lights dont even show green. How long have they been like that... 1-2 weeks?
    If they wont bother fixing the lights there is no hope in getting the road repaired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dfitz1

flocker wrote:
    Just shows you how high on the councils priority the Red Barn Rd is....... the traffic lights dont even show green. How long have they been like that... 1-2 weeks?
    If they wont bother fixing the lights there is no hope in getting the road repaired.

Its a high priority to the Gardai judging by the amount of time they leave the white van there (the nun in the college got done doing 36mph :) )

More like 2 months without a green light, dats the entrance to my estate! I heard they are knocking down the house on the bends after the lights & straightening the road, (although that was 6months ago & nothings happened since) a few speed bumps might stop the northies using it to avoid the lights on the by-pass :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

dfitz1 wrote:
    Its a high priority to the Gardai judging by the amount of time they leave the white van there (the nun in the college got done doing 36mph :) )

More like 2 months without a green light, dats the entrance to my estate! I heard they are knocking down the house on the bends after the lights & straightening the road, (although that was 6months ago & nothings happened since) a few speed bumps might stop the northies using it to avoid the lights on the by-pass :confused:

There's already speedbumps....cunningly disguised as potholes.

If they'd just hurry the fu*k up with the western bypass all the NI traffic would be history. That's assuming it's left untolled...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Aye the red barns road is some mess, was down by there recently admiring all the new house's

Advertisement