Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who is from louth?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭jack shictt

flangeman wrote:
    Here whats all this oul schtuff about Louth? huh

I'll not ave an-e-thin bad sed abut da place.

Der is just sommthin abut da plaice dat I luv, mae b its da warum people, da rolin hills, da boutiful villages were da CIE buses dont rhun.

Ium frum Ardee(Áth Fherdia) mesalf bud I gat out, bit a thyme in Gundalk, den Dublin an now Ium in Lundun(Great spot heh).

I mess da place, an shure I'll ave a fuw points da week-en when Ium homme.

Ane udder lad's ur lasses frum da towin?

This is why i hate dundalk. i live in the place buy boy racers, ravers, and scumbags who want to know if u met stanely or not. Its crap its poo, but hell im used to it being slapbang in the middle of muirhevana mor for the last 15 years. and that bloody accent. they think there class "cuz dey talk like thiss and da" lord someday they might grow up and realise that they should commit themselves into a madhouse. Do they have balls i ask? What happend to one on one fights, there to class for that its better to have four people with knives. Because they aint got the dangleberrys to fight one on one, they need to stab. that is why i hate dundalk. because if u stab someone ur classssssssssssssssssssssss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Have to say, if anyone knows the lads from duleek community centre, they're a sound bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

bazH wrote:
    Aye the red barns road is some mess, was down by there recently admiring all the new house's

I live in one of those new houses :)

And yeah, the traffic lights don't show green - haven't done for a couple of months now - and Red Barns road itself is in a right f**king state. How many car tyres must be destroyed before something is done?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

anyone else from the towen of ardee hey ??hear dat indigo moight be closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

anyone else from the towen of ardee hey ??hear dat indigo moight be closed down?

:eek: MMMMmmm didnt hear that now! Cant see Y....indigo does v.Well at the weekends has a fair share of 21st parties good bands + always a nice crowd!!!

Maybe Muldoon wants more money with its sale!!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

no,its the environmental thingy bob and an bord pleanala,he was ordered to take down the roof thing,and didnt,and you should hear the noise of the bands,we live nextdoor,they might as well be playin in my room :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

I'm from Ardee, although I left there 8 years ago and only go back there to visit family and friends.

Always found the vast majority of people in Ardee very nice and friendly, but does anyone else from Ardee feel that the level of gossip/rumour/general bitchiness is on a different level to that of other small towns?

An example of that: My friend (who is a girl) and I (male) met in a certain pub near the old bakery for a drink at 6pm one Saturday night. I've got a long term girlfriend and this other girl and I have been mates for over 10 years.

A group of women come in and sit at a table opposite us. I know a couple of them and pass no remarks.

A week later, a woman who I kinda know, stopped me on the street and wanted to know how long I was going out with this new girlfriend and did my longterm girlfriend know I was seeing her??

Transpires that one of the gang of women decided to spread a rumour about us - and what a person to do it. She's a hairdresser!

Any thoughts from fellow Ardonians?
    Slumped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

Dundalk man here.
    dfitz1 wrote:
    Its a high priority to the Gardai judging by the amount of time they leave the white van there (the nun in the college got done doing 36mph

My mother found herself in the same boat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I am originally from Louth. Living in Kildare at the moment, and plan to travel or move to the city once I finish college next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eyebrows

the jew wrote:
    Dundalk man here.

My mother found herself in the same boat!!

Dundalk eh. Last I heard it was black rock.

anyway yeah Dundalk aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Anyone any opinions on the freshly done up Imperial? Was in Parkes bar a few times and its not bad, not as swish clientele wise I expected it to be. Haven't been into Silence yet, anyone know what its like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

From Fundalk!

I heard off one of my mates who went there that is was good.

Anyone see how big the new shopping centre(Marshes) is going to be, Dunnes, Penneys, Easons, Lifestyle, A Wear, Boots, New Look, Barratt are all going to be in it.

Tesco are going to rebuild Dundalk Shopping Centre & that if that new shopping centre gets the go ahead out by the ballymac it will have Next & Nike in it.

So things look good for Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Someone told me that there was going to be a Dundalk FC shop in the new complex as well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

I is from the town that is Dundalk never mind Mars Bar Land Aka Drogheda tis a little village ;)

Does anyone know why the Ballymac Shopping Centre / Outlet is being built and opened ???

Twas in the JJB sports soccer dome well impressed

And Ballymac round about opened today so no more delays :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eyebrows

yeah jjb is pretty class alright. Dont suppose you got a team in one of the leagues.

what are ya on about mars bar land. and it's 'mears bear' :D

eyebrows wrote:
    yeah jjb is pretty class alright. Dont suppose you got a team in one of the leagues.

what are ya on about mars bar land. and it's 'mears bear' :D

Hehe no I am going to get a few lads together, it seems class, poor old elverys is so not impressed with the competition, going to be joining the gym there aswell as I live about 600 metres from it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Definitely prefer dundalk to drogheda. Drogheda is a skanger town. Should be totally knocked down and rebuilt. Thank god for the motorway. Town was impossible to get through before it was built.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

woody wrote:
    Hehe no I am going to get a few lads together, it seems class, poor old elverys is so not impressed with the competition, going to be joining the gym there aswell as I live about 600 metres from it :p

Don't think Elverys have much to worry about, they're cheaper, compared them last week using exact same products.

In saying that, I'll still be joining the gym :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

I live in between Dundalk and Ardee, didn't realise there were so many people from Louth on here! Anyone ever been to Tallanstown?

u from tallanstown?me sis and her BF live there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I used to go through Tallanstown on the way to school in Ardee many years ago. Live in Dundalk now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 louth girl 26

Anyone any opinions on the freshly done up Imperial? Was in Parkes bar a few times and its not bad, not as swish clientele wise I expected it to be. Haven't been into Silence yet, anyone know what its like?
    yea i was in silence the opening night and the week after, its a lovely night club, but i hardly knew any1 (im 19) the crowd's a lot older

bazH wrote:
    Aye the red barns road is some mess, was down by there recently admiring all the new house's

There going to widen and resurface it currently in the compulosry purchase of land process

yea i was in silence the opening night and the week after, its a lovely night club, but i hardly knew any1 (im 19) the crowd's a lot older

Tis much better than rockwells, dr.peppers and level 2 if you remember maybe you're a little young for that ;) but it is nice in there compared to Danes which is not that great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Lets not carried away lads. Both towns are pretty **** :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kittenz

i live in drogheda, but spend most of my time these days in dundalk :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

im a dundalk un as well!! think its much better than drogheda
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I live in Dundalk. Apart from knackers and scumbags its not a bad place. I don't like Drogheda because of
    (A) Scumbags
    (B) Traffic

LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The two main places you want to stay out of in Dundalk is Coxes and Muirhevenaa Mór
    Not everybody in the estates are bad, you've just got your bad eggs, you know

Advertisement