Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iol gold isdn

• 15-08-2002 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

bit of a strange one this. Setting up an isdn connection on a pc and it connects quite happily to iol gold when i'm running windows 2000 but for some reason won't at all when i switch to windows 98.

Anyone know why this is and how i can fix it?

cheers...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Are you dual booting one machine? if so I would think this is most likely an issue with the drivers for your ISDN T/A being the wrong ones for Win 98.

Hope this helps

Redshift

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Just to point out one silly little point - IOL gold ISDN is not a service.

IOL Gold is sold with the premise that it is an anologue account, but you can connect at speeds of up to 64k - there is no gaurentee that you will be always able to connect @ 64k. ( in other words IOL Gold is for anologue use or 56k )

An ISDN account on the other hand is an account that allows you to dial into an ISP at an initial speed of up to 128k - Small difference, but enough to cause mass confusion.

And of course, the problem, I would go along with Redshift. I reckon it's a TA or ISDN card driver issue with windows 98. Try reinstalling the software for your device again with the win98 specific drivers as quite often drivers can differ greatly between win98 and win2k :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bats

thanks for the feedback lads, take your point about the windows 98 drivers. The only thing is that i can dial up with eircom no problem on windows 98????

Anyone know what the hell's going on?

Oh, and i am dual booting btw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

It could be that 98 is set to multilink (separately open and bond 2 x 64k channels to give 128k)

if you are only allowed open 1 channel (ISTR I had a similar experience once in the mists of time) 98 may get its knickers in a twist trying to open the second and bomb the entire connection

Turn off multilink.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

What exactly is happening when you try to dial out using win98 ??

If could be anything really, but I still think it's drivers - generally is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement