Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Toast

Options
  • 15-08-2002 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

... rhymes with toot

Wh00t!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

wow gordon you must have travelled around a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

!!
    4 Counties in under 10 minutes...
    That's faster than Santa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

So what's the story with this board? I've lived in the county for 21 years and there's not much to say about it!

ahh now the first real post from an offaly poster.....seriously is there actually anything good in offaly...clubs/activites...

Ah Searrard, you've been out on the town with me before but never on my home ground!!!! So come on up before college is back. It's not the worst place to go out actually.... no seriously!!!:) It's improved a lot lately... Tullamore at least- I can't speak for the rest of the county.

• Advertisement

Have we got any Offaly people out there at all? Have we got a mod for this board yet?? C'mon people!!!!!

you could mod it!

gwan....you got my vote!

Cheers Searrard, you're a dote!!! Well, so far there doesn't seem to be too many Offaly people around. Pity! You and I will have to keep the conversation going if that's the case!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Birr's not too bad and Tullamore has improved a hell of a lot in the last few years. And you have Corncrakes and lots of peat (okay everyone in the Midlands has lots of peat). I'll be back when I think of some more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭MrBlonde

Melbas in Birr ain't too bad. But then again tullamore is a lot more choice :D

g'wan the faithfull?!?

• Advertisement

There is a lot more choice lately in Tullamore with Number1 and Locke's opening in the last year. Keyes has been sold and renovated, now it's De Bruins and it's a good pub. And Loughrey's will be opening shortly too so there are plenty of places to go for a decent night out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Lockes is good. The best thing about tullamore is the choice of places to eat. I think it's savage but then again i'm from Kilcormac. Our only place you can eat out in is the chipper.Lockes is a savage pub. And the next time you are in gleesons look down at the floor and remember that it used to be solid pine and I had to dye it that colour by hand. Took over a day to do.

I called into Loughreys tonight for a drink, it's very like Locke's actually but I'd recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

bing from bogger centeral myself all i can say is that there is some nice pubs .. the clubs aint to bad ive seen a lot worse .. its good crack if there a good few of ya out ...

theres a new pub ( old high st. house ) opening soon it looks good . out of all the pubs in tullamore id have to say id prefear to b drinking in scraggs in carlow

but seriously dont dink the bud in the bridge house its rotton .

From what i remember the bud in scraggs is rotten to. but I'm a guinness drinker. Feighery's in kilcormac is the only pub to go to. Ian your due a visit out here soon again.

true i am .. and the beer in that place also is ... actually it was fine .. apart from 2 easy to drink .. i reely paid for that for the following week btw might have ur work exp in kk if i can swing somthn

I remember that morning, I had to drive yuo up to your granny's house. You were in bits man. I got my work ezxperience sorted, thanks for looking. I'm in Offaly CoCo. IT support. Francis got back to college, he started back today.

they have computers in the co co ... a well i had u basicly in kk if u wanted a job there it would of been dead but u would of had some things to do maby ..

Advertisement