Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More feckin pop star"talent"shows

Options
  • 15-08-2002 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Me reads in the paper today of yet more of those bloody programmes.This time its popstars meets big brother.10 boys and 10 girls are all put in seperate houses.Everey week some are voted out till there are 5 boys and 5 girls joining their seperate groups to from 2 bands to battle to the top of the christmas chart.Wouldnt it be class if neither of them made it to the top? :D If they were beaten by some song made by kids tv characters that always make a good fight at christmas?:D Class!Doubtful it could happen but it would be brilliant.Anyways,wtf wouyld anybody watch this ****e?Even 11 year old girls who like this must realise its already selected who will be in the respective bands?Come on-how dumb do you have to be?
    The boyband will consist of
    1-The gay one(or at least the one who admits it)
    2-The"badboy"(the one who gets drunk,moons,rides page 3 girls and gets in trouble for bragging about how many Es he can take in one night)
    3-The lead singer(usually a cocky cont altogether)
    4-The black one(he sings a 10 second part in each song which is alledgedly rap.In fact its your typical crappy ****e banal pop lyrics sang by a black guy trying to put on a Tupac impression):rolleyes:
    5-The other member(the one that is in the background,even alot of the fans not knowing his name.Typically hates pop music,wishes he were in a real band,but cant play an instrument and realises that he can only make money by selling his soul in this way)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Didnt you already post a thread about this?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There's a market for it.

People watch it, people make money from it. It's the way of the world.

Surely this can't have come as much of a suprise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

u should come and see star struck in the shelter when its on!!! then you'll embrace shows like pop stars and pop idol :):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Didnt you already post a thread about this?

Funny you should say that,as i did,sort of.I had it all typed out,but when i posted it it said i had too many smilies and that i should take some out.I pressed the back button and the entire text had disappeared:mad: :mad: To my knowledge it never became a thread,at least i never noticed if it did anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59223

sorry, you didnt start the thread, but you posted to it :)

Hows life in that goldfish bowl?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was going to post some tart comment on this but frankly I can't be arsed, its too depressing...:(

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its not really a rock or heavy metal thread is it?

Advertisement