Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Bars/Clubs etc..

Options
  • 16-08-2002 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

Where do you recommend to go out to in Co. Derry?

My recommendations:
    Byrsons, Town and Country Inn (M'felt) - great place if your in to live music.
    Lots of tribute bands like Thin az Lizzy, Rubber Plants and most recently Maiden England* have played here.

Walshes Hotel (Maghera) -
    Has live music in the Basement Jacks.

*Name correction

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

If anyone happens to find themselves in Portstewart there are a few good bars.

The Anchor. This is an old favorite. Good atmosphere and good Guinness. They used to have a disco upstairs but I think that has finished now.

Shennanigans, Bar 7, O'Haras & chaines. 4 bars one building. Shennanigans has great food for a reasonable cost. Bar 7 is a modern bar, good atmosphere and live music at the weekends. O'Haras is upstairs, nice spot good sound systems and a broad range of CD's. Finally chaines. Also upstairs, 2 floors of night club

There are some nice bars in coleraine but it is kinda easy to get a kicking so I won't recommend anwhere.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

The Anchor

I agree with you, it is a good place.... (especially on a tuesday night during University term)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Can't beat the old classic - up the derry walls with a carry out hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 andyb_ie

lol ice you blue bag you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**

Ah, I remember it well myself. Hangman's Bastion was my spot. Used to stand there in winter with two pairs of gloves and the can of charger would still freeze to my hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**

pfft. us civilised people buy a carry out and go to the cinema beside the Quayside :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I said old classic :)

You n00bs couldn't hack the derry walls anymore......not with the cold wintery nights n all :)

Fav time in Derry? Up the walls at Halloween cause the place is packed full of nurses/french maids/Mrs. Clause/She devil's all with skimpy dresses usually flung up while they're riding some guy with everyone else around watching :D

Advertisement