Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantasm + misc. meanderings

Options
  • 16-08-2002 3:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

OK so I went to Phantasm tonite .. I KNOW I saw Sandi (Goth chick with lower lip peircing), she was just like her pic .. but I was too shy to introduce myself and I was talking to Sinister Pete at the end of the nite and he was just about to introduce me to the P(h)ub crawl peoples there (i.e. Sandi)when the bouncers ushered me out of the building.

So this is the first time in ages (Bloody work!) I've been to Phantasm and it was pretty damn cool .. Pete played a damn fine set, (not the usual "Whelans Tape" they seem to play every other nite). Cheers for playin Incubus for me BTW Pete and OF COURSE I know the lyrics to miserable .. Its like it was written about me and my ex so I know it all too well.

So Kurdt, et al tell us where yis were what ye were wearin and see if I can identify you!

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

gerky gerky gerky

u mite not have seen us but we saw u ah yes we did we did

we were all standing rite in front of the stage on the right hand side if you face it from the dj box

i was wearing a wine and blue tracksuit top and baggy pants

kurdt was wearing a rather funky shirt with a long sleeved t underneath it

sandi was as u described her

silverfish was wearing a F&^K THIS GIG t-shirt

so there u go thast should be enuff to describe us all methinks...............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

gerk i left early coz i wasnt well, but were u wearing a red jumper and had kind of dreadlocky hair? that was kind of red? sorry

one thing i ave to say about phantasm, as opposed to all the other alt clubs, its usually pretty consistent in that most of the stuff they play is great to dance to and there are very few songs that i wanna sit down for, whereas id be likea yo yo at other alt clubs.

this is exactly true rosemary my ice cream obsessed friend

so r u feeling any better now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Oh man was I pissed last night! I barely remember posting that message. I'm only just up (no work for me today I guess!) and there appears to be a field of cotton growing in my gob.

I *TOTALLY KNEW* that was u guys bside the toilets! You had Phantom clique written all over yis!

Muhahahhaahaha now *I* have the upper hand I know who you all are but I can melt into the shadows :p

Seriously tho I walked by you guys a bunch of times eyeing you with my steely gaze, I was wearing a Drugs + Money = Chicks t-shirt (which I cant find this morning!) and I have shoulder length kinda browny blondy hair.

So who was the mildly scary looking guy with the beard and the cute chick with the strawberry blonde hair? They are both in Whelans ALL THE TIME!

Drowner are you sure u arent describing Elton there? I'm afraid that wasnt me altho he sounds way more interesting :)

So anyway damn my timid nature!

i think u be talking about daniel and dee

and what the hell???? phantom clique??????

we weren't beside the toilets either we were over the other side of the stage - beside the front bar.............

• Advertisement

if the guy with the beard has curly toploader hair thats daniel, he in the band...sorry near the band near the big green, he he. they supported turn in whelans a while ago.

and the girl is rapture queen from this board, kurdt's other half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Ah right .. I pegged Kurdt for the bearded one :)

those be them drowner me pretty - so what time did u get home at last nite and r u feeling alrite today???

got the last bus and am over my illness, yes ;)

well that si good yay for u

kurdt as the bearded one hehehe that is quite funny..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

me couldnt grow a beard if i trieD!!!!!

and i have tried!!! its funny!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

How did I miss this thread?

My hangover was pretty epic this morning, I drove to terenure for a latte and BLT and then I drove to Navan for steak and chips, and all the time my head was hurting and my phone was beeping and my car overheated in the Pheonix park and I had to pour my bottle of Ballygowan into it and I was thirsty all the way home.
    And then some.

Did we have a good night? Apologies for my space-cadet-falling-asleep type thing in Whelans.

PS Kurdt with a beard.....lol!!!

And another thing, more on the point than usual for me.....

Phantasm was quite good, apparently some sinister guy or something was djing , everything he played was all good. There was two songs in particular I couldn't identify and really liked, but couldn't wake up enough to ask anyone what they were. Boooo to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

Good to see Phanthasm back to it`s best last night,after a summer of drivel!
    Praise the lord that the thrash such as alien ant farm,limp biscuit and all them other nu metal thrash bands have been returned to the scrapheap,where they belong!

Instead we had the glorious tunes such as fascination st.,I wanna be adored,rise and a special mention to "infected"!all that was needed was something from the smiths (other than the played to death "this charming man") and we would have been doing cartwheels up wexford st!

You have re set the standard boys,dont lower it again.....

Indeed, Mr Buzzer, you seem to go around hitting nails on the head.

Phantasm last night was a great improvement on the 'ho-hum' feel it normally has, and all thanks to some sinister guy called Pete. The thing of 'going with what works' isn't always for the best, and means that a lot of good songs get played to death.

Applause and flowers for Pete.

But Buzzer, you could at least have said hello to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 frank05330

so half of ye crazy phantom heads are daniels mates... thats really strange. although i had no idea, i was the bloke with the wine coloured hat on, standin in the middle of ye all...
    yehs, it'll be a while before my face is shown in whelans again. *hmpf!*

oh, and, :D LOL!!!! "mildly scary lookin bloke with the beard"... daniel... cute fluffy cuddly daniel! thats just hilarious.... :p

'Cute Fluffy Daniel' broke my lighter in the TBMC. And didn't even say hello to me last night when I was standing right next to him.

Cute Fluffy Daniel indeed............

im sure the lighter incident was accidental...

and did you ever consider that he might think the exact same thing!? silverfish was standing right next to me, and she(he...?) didnt even say hi to me... :eek:
    sometimes ye just gotta take the iniciative.... ;)

I regret to say that at that point Silverfish was unable to communicate.

The God of Guinness had visited upon her a thousandfold. (Well, three)

The lighter debacle was fully intentional, I'm sure.....!

• Advertisement

well, next time you see me/us, which (if you know a good gig when you see one...) will be on september the 12th, supporting BLOTOOTH in whelans, just make yourself known and i shall be more than happy to provide you with a replacement lighter, courtesy of near the big green...

I'll be there anyway, I get a bit bothered when I miss a Blotooth gig.

And good plug, by the way. Well done, that man.

i do try. when there's a blatant opportunity to plug like that its gotta be taken. i did it for blotooths sake as much as our own. and anyway, the point of the post was to fix your damaged opinions of daniel. i hate when misunderstandings lead to the disliking of genuinely lovely people...

oooops I was just joking.....

could have but ive no idea who u are

You could just walk around asking random people are they Silverfish. You're bound to find me eventually.

I can't believe I'm posting such trivial crap. Terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Hmmmmmmmmm at the top of my screen is an ad for "blue Movies"
    How very interesting.
    Well once again i danced my ass off(o yes it came straight off).

GerK u should have said hello.

WE shouted at some random guy thinkin it was u-but it wasnt!
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

ah the daniel appreciation thread...

but how did it get so long?

getting back to the music..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭threefour

I've been going to Phantasm since it started in the Beanery all those years ago and have noticed recently how pants it's getting. I think it may have to do with the revolting music and 'Ignorant Pete' the DJ. What ever happened to playing songs that people request? What ever happened to manners? Don't get me wrong Phantom FM is an asset to all, but a change of phantasm DJ may be of some use.

Advertisement