Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantasm + misc. meanderings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭threefour

Man, that DON'T REPLY thing is a joke. It's written to make you think I'm not gonna listen to what you write. This isn't the case. If you want to pick up on something trivial like this, go ahead then. Its a joke, read my lyrics board post and i think you'll see what i'm saying. And the drink thing, as i said before, this is irrelevant. I don't think you guys see that it's not a point of whose right or whose wrong, im just putting my viewpoint of a few people across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i think this thread is gonna start in a row soon...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

blame johnny and gerk for that not replying thing! my respnse was more to them than to you, this is a message board, stop taking things so personally!

i wasnt the one who brought up that catty drinking remark, you were, so dont tell me not to react to it!

i just think ur viewpoint is a bit weak, and while u are entitled to your opinion, im allowed 'discuss' ur opinion, and offer solutions to ur problem...;)

i mean if someone was banging their head off a wall and then complaing about it but yet kept doing it, it'd firstly make u wonder and secondly make u offer them the advice to stop banging their head off the wall....hypothetically speaking....

*thedrowner starts the row off by eating johnnynolegs*
    mmmmm tasty
    meat

"why would u keep going back to a place u werent entirely happy with, if there was somehting more suited to your needs." - There isn't somewhere more suited to my needs.

"but if its only something small, like not getting requests played or not agreeing 100% with the setlist when ur only getting to hear 98% of what u want, then ur over reacting" - Man, read my previous posts

"phantasm is not here just to make YOU happy" - I never said it was.

My initial point that Pete was cheeky/ignorant to me, seems to have had some backup and was not entirely rubbished by everyone. But i presume, we can't pick on the mighty Pete one, he is alterno-king, and if you make a fair point about him, you insult the whole phantom community, who then take it in turn to have a go at you. I'm not saying i'm right, just putting across my viewpoint with some reasonable backup.

DO REPLY

what the hell ru eating me for?????????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gaston

I know the best way to reach a conclusion...LETS HAVE A FISTFIGHT!
    Just joking...! Anyway I have just spent a considerable amount of time reading this topic and I must say I haven’t been in phantasm for ages, so I don’t know what the music is like now, about Thomas Reids how come nobody ever told me about the basement!!! Its my best discovery recently...its good, its 'till late and its free!...(I know I am a bit slow!)

DJ’s ...Funny people they are, People must understand that when someone snaps at somebody else maybe they are having a bad day...be more understanding and flexible! For example think of a girl suffering for PMS (Permissible Man Slaughter) you mightn't necessarily done something, but she might snap...its not that she is angry at you, but its just that you've come at a bad time...the same for D.J's , maybe someone was ignorant to them earlier on , or they were having a bad day (constipation, no snog for a month...etc) and people can't switch for anger to happiness in 0.3 seconds, it takes time. I'm sure if you go to Sinister when he is off duty and say: 'hey what was all that about last Thursday?' I’m sure he'll apologise. DON'T TAKE THINGS SO PERSONALLY!!! So be a bit more understanding... he is human you know (well you can never be too sure... maybe he is part of an evil alien plot for world domination, using NUGGA as a secret weapon of mass destruction!

P.S- Sinister i want my belt!!!:mad:

yeah fistfite fistfite - what goes on in thomas reads??????? - i must be even slower than u gaston..................

i did read ur posts, threefour, and i wasnt talking them as deeply/personally as u seem to be, i was talking about the music and not the attitude of the dj's which doesnt really bother me. u have failed to give me a satifactory reply and i cant be arsed arguing with u anymore

oh my that sounds condescending (which by the way, means to talk down to somone)

oh i love gaston's change of heart every time he comes on here and asks for his belt, he he. gaston, u do know u can pm pete, dontcha? that way if he still ignores u, u know hes keeping ur belt for his own uses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

his own uses eh??

now what can that mean?

johnny im eating u because after 6 years off the meat, a girl's gotta start somewhere

and kurdt, i dont know, but with ur imagination, probably somehting really dirty.

• Advertisement

well i suppose that's fair enuff then but i dunno how good i would taste

yeah i know what kurdt is thinking hehehehe

"u have failed to give me a satifactory reply and i cant be arsed arguing with u anymore" -
    Suits me, i would ask in relation to what but you dont want to ARGUE. i thought we where just expressing our viewpoints.

thanks for pointing out what 'condescending' means, once i grow my new brain, i may be able to understand words over 3 syllables.

oh my that sounds deigned (which by the way, means to talk down to somone)

Another small point, its not thomas reids, its the oak, i go there mosts fridays or saturdays, so i'm not just limited to going to whelans.

i know Pete and Mossy and the gang and have been speaking to them for years. I've already said he may have been having a bad day, but he didnt seem to acknowledge this and preferred to suggest that he's only rude to drunk people.

well i didn't know it was the oak this is the first time i have heard of it

i got my joke off apres match...where did u get urs from?
    johnny ur a bit gristley
    ive got to talk sense soon, but ive posted about 15 serious discussiony posts today and me head's wrecked!
    ill get back to u later, threefour

haha i am not gristly i am prime beef me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Originally posted by threefour
    oh my that sounds deigned (which by the way, means to talk down to somone)

Oh man this thread is damn funny ... threefour, you are a funny bastard, but I guess you know that ..

I learned a new word today! So tell the GODS HONEST TRUTH did you look up condescending in the thesaurus to make that jibe? Go on u can tell me!

Johnny, I had to go to Naaavan this weekend :rolleyes:

All this talk of Drowner eating you is terribly sordid.... 6 years eh? thats a long stretch without meat ... ok I'll resist making the all crusted up joke as it simply exceeds the bounds of good taste as well as being all too obvious!

hey i am coming a close second to her as i have been vegetarian for five and a hlaf years so there..............plus she will fall off the wagon way before me hahahhahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Hey all.
    Here's my two cents: Phantasm rocks. I don't really go to other clubs, maybe I should at least once. But that is not the issue! In my opinion, of the regular Phantasm DJs, Sinister is the best. That may be partly because he usually takes my requests, but not exclusively! I have been to Phantasm a bazillion times by now, yet Sinister never fails to surprise me with some of the tracks he plays (Low Rider last Thursday being a good example. Ana what was the deal with the Fellowship of the Ring playing on a projector?). And there is not much Nu Metal played there. In fact, Only one of the regular DJs plays any amount of it. I can't stand Nu Metal either, but chill out! It can be fun when dancing! Thats about it from me.

i dont mind some of the nu metal stuff, i quite like alien ant farm (is that classed as nu metal? im using the term loosely) and a few bands like that. its not my music of choice but seeing as my music of choice makes u wanna lie down and chill rather than shake yer ass its probably just as well.

johnny i will not fall off the wagon before u as im a much more serious/stricter vegetarian than u so shut ur veggie pie hole ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

Right threefour (if that IS your real name) let's sort this out.
    Originally posted by threefour
    My initial point that Pete was cheeky/ignorant to me, seems to have had some backup and was not entirely rubbished by everyone. But i presume, we can't pick on the mighty Pete one, he is alterno-king, and if you make a fair point about him, you insult the whole phantom community, who then take it in turn to have a go at you. I'm not saying i'm right, just putting across my viewpoint with some reasonable backup.

What did I do?

Gaston: You know damn well I don't have your belt but the loan of it was much appreciated. I shall attempt to retrieve it from she with the spinning skirt. God help me...

• Advertisement

no way i am a much better veggie than u - i saw u munching on a couple of bigmacs the other day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were pretty cheeky to me Pete, when i asked for a simple request(we'll at least from my prospective you were). This topic is growing boring and old, and you might ask, what did i have to gain from posting this in the first place. Well simply, i had nothing to gain, i was just worried about the state of phantasm lately and wondered if anyone else was too. Obviously the majority aint worried, so i'll take it that either i'm dreaming or just looking for a good discussion. If im dreaming, grand phantasm is still its great self and all is well or if i was just looking a good disucssion, well then i think you'll agree we got one. Either way, i've nothing more to say more on the subject and i'm sorry if i didnt bring this issue up with you in person Pete. Over and Out.

"Phantfom FM is not just for Christmas, its for life"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

What time does phantasim start at as its my birthday and i should be able to convince a few mates to go this time.

starts after whatever gig is on...usually bout 11....

yeha and it is a great laugh also

sure is

indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gaston

drowner whats pm him?

about sinister....please wrestle a lioness to try and get it back...

pm= private message!
    id LOVE to know whats so great about this belt!!!! can it whip clothes off at 50 paces or something (maybe not such a great idea, actually)

• Advertisement

50 paces eh?? where are we, the wild west??

50 minutes of work left for me yay, then to leeds...

also drowny you've prob got about 20 emails...

and also...nahdont matter...

go phantasm!!!!!!

Advertisement