Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name of album by Brando?

Options
  • 16-08-2002 6:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I lived in Dublin between '96 - '00. During that time I almost exclusively listened to Phantom because they featured many Irish bands. One of the ones I remember was a band called Brando. I know nothing about this band, except that they had quite a good song out during the time called Mechanical Maniacal...or something like that.

Anyways, I no longer live in Ireland now :( but I was wondering if someone could tell me if that particular band has released any albums that might be commercially available? I've tried to download some songs through Kazaa and the like, but with no success.

Thanx a million.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i went to a gig of theirs last night!
    i cant remember the name of the album, i know they ahve a single out now called singular death of privacy. but their website is www.brandoland.com and if u cant get any info from that, send me a pm and ill put u in touch with their no1 fan who has all their merchandise!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 darknight777

Excellent!! Thanx a million,,,,their website has some of the songs I love....Yippee!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Hey. Brando don't have an album, but they have a 5-track EP called "Singular Death of Privacy". The songs on it are:
    Maniacal Mechanical
    Say You Love Me
    Singular Death of Privacy
    Cherry Princess
    7th of October

It's fantastic. And as drowner said, they released "Singular Death of Privacy" as a single also and there are 2 other songs on that and they're really good too.

U might be able to get someone to send u a copy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

Originally posted by darknight777
    I lived in Dublin between '96 - '00. During that time I almost exclusively listened to Phantom because they featured many Irish bands.

ya know theres a phantom fm message board here?

under the community heading...

as for brando...where do ya live? coz brando are going over to the states...i'm sure sandi could further this information with where n when or maybe its on the ole website...

anyhoo, enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

There isn't any information on the website really. It hasn't been properly updated since March coz it's being redone (I think). U can still go to the website tho and join the mailing list. Elton is fairly good at letting u know what's going on. And there's the occasional post on their board about it too. U can ask them to send you a copy. Hope that helps!
    http://www.brandoland.com

• Advertisement

Thanx a million to everybody who responded....

I have some more questions (later) on some Irish bands and also some songs I need help identifying through some of the lyrics. I was just wondering, though, if this is the right thread to post on, or if there's another one that would be more suitable.

(I'm a newbie and don't want to riskannoying people by posting in the wrong place. Especially when people have been so helpful with their responses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

They're OK...I interviewed Elton and he was a nice guy, but I wouldn't be the first out of the starting blocks to get their new realases...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Say you love me is a really nice song. I looked forward to hearing more good stuff from them but wasn't too impressed with the singular death... will get that ep though, definatly, if it has say you love me on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

post here, but post on the phantomfm message baord as well, in community, under free radio
    you'll have ppl fighting to answer ur q's...or somehitng....

I posted this a couple of days ago on the 'Community-Free Radio-Phatom FM' board as well. So far I've received positive replies to the first three songs

These are a few of songs that had extensive airplay on Phantom FM round about 1999 - 2000. (Don't know if they still do, I've been out of touch with Phantom for a while). Some of the lyrics are really hard to decipher, so you'll have to forgive me if I only give you a snippet here and there. For most of the others, I've taken the lyrics from the 'chorus'.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the lyrics or even whether all of the artists are Irish....But, still, if people could make a stab at artist, song and album, I'd greatly appreciate it

1. (Female Vocal)

"I say hello to all the junkies; all the sinners and the creeps
    I say hello to all the people in this place
    I say hello to all the drunkheads; all the prostitutes and freaks
    I say hello to all the people in the world"

2. (Male, slow rap vocal, except for chorus which is female vocals)

" Look here brother, who you jiving with that Cosmic debris
    Look here brother, don't you waste your time on me"

3. (Male vocal)

"You know I really tried
    I've been a pillar of strength at your side
    You're a fundamentally lovable creature
    But you've got defects in your design"

4. (male vocal, slow, acoustic(ish) - I think it may be the Revenants but I'm not sure)

"I know it's getting early; maybe it's getting late
    Lean a little closer to me; till you sleep away"

5. Okay this is a hard one to describe. It's a male vocal. The songs just under 5 minutes long. The singer sings in this falsetto (I don't think it's Radiohead). There a four 4 line verses, no chorus. The start of each line is either a ling drawn out "Iiiiiiiiiiiiii" or "Ooooooooooo". The second half of the song is all instrumental - crunching guitars and drums. Here are jsut a few lines I think I managed to get out. Again, can't vouch for the accuracy.

"Picking apples from a tree
    Iiiiiiiii want an airplane
    Iiiiiii want to escape from the rain"

Thanx in advance for all the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement