Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's your worst flaw?

• 16-08-2002 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

i hate that interview question...whats your best answer to that one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

"Perhaps my only flaw is that I am too perfect, and work too hard".

Be careful what you answer on that question. If you answer truthfully, and it's an actual flaw, you could be in trouble :)
    You: "Oh my flaw is that I'm really lazy, and have to be pushed to do everything"
    Interviewer: "NEXT!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

got asked that one recently thought i got by it ok, said something to the effect of:

With the ever changing face of technology and in particular technolgy in Ireland, many job positions are being merged with others, i find that its increaseingly diificult to become knowledgeable in many different fields. Being a student, it`s hard to find the time to constantly upkeep with technolgical advances across the board, so my flaw would be that.

Either that or i rob stuff from offices, un trustworthy, unreliable etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i tend to say things like

my biggest problem is concentrating on one issue too much, sometimes to the detriment of other, less important issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Most bosses will like the sound of 'honesty'

ie: Honesty is my biggest flaw, it is a double edged sword, etc, etc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

"Sometimes I tend to find myself unable to approach an answer to uncertain questions. If I don't know what to say, or what the person asking me wants to hear, I find its better to admit as much and simply reply with an equally unsatisfying and uncertain answer."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

They say you should give a flaw that's an over-strength, like WWMan's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

some of these are very good...anyone have more?
    I was curious because I didnt want to go into the next interview giving exactly the same answer as the other four people im up against.

"They say you should give a flaw that's an over-strength, like WWMan's."

I've always played it this way and wondered was it too cheesy...i think the question is a bit retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I agree. I'd say they're hoping to catch you off-gaurd and pressure you into giving a genuine fault, or maybe just see if you can lie convincingly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

It's an annoying question alright. Just bullshít your way through, hype yourself up and lie if you have to. Don't you just hate interviews?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

My worst flaw is that i dont acknowledge my flaws, i will have a shot at anything

:cool: :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I always say, I have the need to get every task I'm given done as quickly as possible, which can tend to cause me a little stress at times, but it's the way I work best.

what a load of b/s!

Advertisement