Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places to get drunk?

Options
  • 16-08-2002 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

After a summer of heavy drinking I have come to the conclusion that there is **** all good clubs in Limerick

Docs is full of people even younger than me
    The Market is full of jock ****
    The Globe is quite small
    The Icon won't let me in
    and Termites - Don't get me started on Termites

I say the Globe is the best because of the cheap drinks
    Post your vote here for best drinkin spot in Limerick
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Icon won't let me in
    Thats because either (a) you are 15, (b) you're wearing runners, or (c) you're completely pi$$ed when you're trying to get in!

Cloughessys/Sinbin is the best of a bad lot. I hear there is a new place called The Bank or something on O'Connell St. Haven't been there yet, though.....

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Oh, and Nancys too.
    Not a club, I know, but I like the outback, and they play good music.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Aye, best of a bad lot listed by TmB there.

All the places Bloody Drunkard listed are places I wouldn't be caught dead in as they say (though I was in Icon one night about 6 months ago)

Not the greatest clubber me.

Nancy's isn't bad at all. Gets prety crowded on a Saturday but I've not seen any trouble there. Grand place to meet people.

Again not a club but I used be in the habit of going to the Locke. I haven't been there in ages so I don't know what the current crowd is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

The Still House is a class place,

Best club? dunno really but definitely NOT the Lodge, that place is $hit.

Originally posted by thebhoy
    Best club? dunno really but definitely NOT the Lodge, that place is $hit.

Wasn't it closed? Did it reopen or something?

• Advertisement

It was closed but then it opened again, and was still $hite, amazingly enough!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Ha Ha, BD, you've only been to the markedo once, its not that bad. and I don't think you've ever even tried the Icon. Termights isn't that bad, the music is good. Docs is indeed a day care centre. The Globe, I made a solemn vow never to go there and so far, haven't.

Pubwise there are many good uns in the city, Quinns, McDaids, Mickey Martins being my faves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Mickeys was my regular haunt for years. Still drop in for one or two whenever we are out. Excellent pub.

Clohessys and Nancys are the best for talent although the beer in the outback is p!ss. Always get it in the front bar.

Tom Collins is nice spot for a good pint and a conversation.

Originally posted by bucks73
    Tom Collins is nice spot for a good pint and a conversation.

Yes it is (I'd forgotten) and it's literally just around the corner from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

My usual haunts are mcdaids mickeys the high stool the market and termites

There was an unreal band in The High Stool on saturday. Best music i've ever heard on a saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

docs is good the odd time,icon is good on sunday nite,market is good enough on a friday the globe is good if there is alot of ppl out with you i.e collage nite out.never been 2 the sin bin but i heard from ppl who work/used to work there its full of snooty nosed ****>ers.the best pub is miss tuckers upper williams st,because
    1)there is a nice crowd
    2)best pint in town
    3)they normaly have food till about 10
    4)the have a pool table and a jukebox
    also i am known there cus i whent to collage accross the road for a year,so it became my local.the best modern pub in town is nevada smiths [cus i work there] there is a great atmosphere,good music,really fine women and a good mix in the crowd.also i used to like charlies [only because of the cocktails,long island iced T]
    but there is no really good all round place i am sick of going out in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Lads,

I'm new to Limerick and haven't ventured further than Nancy's, Smyths and the Icon, sadly. Can you give me street names for

Market
    Micky Martins
    Docs
    McDaids
    Termites
    Quinns
    The Stiill House.

Even better - if any of ye are female your'e more than welcome to bring me on a pub-crawl...OJBTW

McDaids - Denmark Street (Just down the road from Smthys)
    The High Stool - Catherine Street (beside lapellos)
    Termites - Something Row? (Beside the Savoy Cinema)
    The Market - No Idea (look at the front entrance of smyths and take a left)
    Docs - The Granary
    Mickey Martins - Is that even a street? (A kind of alley off Thomas Street, at least i hope it's thomas street)

The Market is on Robert st., Termites is on Bedford Row and Mickeys is on Augustinian Lane off Thomas Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

i assume all of you are talking about weekend limerick, not during the college year??

Ive been in college in UL for 4 years now, and ive been to all of the above, but since i hate niteclubs, cept Termites (metalhead see) i wouldnt recomend any

If it was still open, or maybe it is, Nevada Smyth's aint bad. Bit kinda looking for upscale yuppies, but has to make do with students!!!

I hate Clohessy's!! All those ****heads in their tablecloth shirts, all that Ben Sherman ****e, it recks my head. The all look like they should be at mart or something

Oh, and Bait-Your-Face, oh i mean, Bakerplace, if it was still open, was deadly purely for the experience!!!

I hate Clohessy's!! All those ****heads in their tablecloth shirts, all that Ben Sherman ****e, it recks my head. The all look like they should be at mart or something

I've got a tablecloth shirt, and a ben sherman shirt, yet i have only once been in clohessy's, true there is a lot of sh!theads, but theres a few sound blokes go there too, don't tar em all with the smae brush as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I was in Clohessy's last night sporting my new Ecco shoes and Ben Sherman shirt. Mr Clohessy was there with his buddies Mr. Wood and Mr. Hickey. It was a sad sight seeing all the chicks swarming around like flies around sh*te. Went to Nancy's then to listen to some Irish music. Music was same-oul but there was a gang of 6-ft + Swedish stunners knocking around - need I say more about Nancy's

The women in Nancys are always crackers and the music is usually excellent. Clohessys is good for the talent too but as you say thegills a lot of them are there for the rugger buggers. Hopefully the Bank will take a few of them away for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I usually find the market to be decent. Docs is usually crap, but the odd night it can be good. The curragower is my not-so-local local, nice pub :)

The market? you've gotta be kiddin, that place is cack, its way too smelly in there for a city-centre nightclub!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by Jimi-Spandex

Pubwise there are many good uns in the city, Quinns, Mickey Martins being my faves

Quinns ? i wouldn't walk inside the door, i've been in there for lunch before, after 4pm looks dangerous from the pic's on the wall....
    Mickey Martins is utter ****e.

---since mentioned---
    The Bank is a new pub on O'Connell street that is 25yrs+ so the manager told me as i was drinking in there..... :)
    it doesn't have any sort of a club in it at all as far as i know, but it possibly does upstairs - the whole building was renovated last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Quinns ? i wouldn't walk inside the door, i've been in there for lunch before, after 4pm looks dangerous from the pic's on the wall....

I don't go there for food. Their Miller absolutely rocks, best anywhere ever. And as for the pictures, I stay to the front of the pub and avoid such debauchery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Usually located in ze high stool. Haven't gone to a club in limerick in ages, since there mostly shocking bad.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

What about The Brazen Head?
    ;)

Bit old, for me anyhoo. Unless theres a game on I might head into the sports bar. They do a tasty steak sandwich though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Originally posted by Samson
    What about The Brazen Head?
    ;)

Ahhh teds,

what more could you want from a night club?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Hanlys in Boher is great

and Pa McGraths is okay too

so now you all know where my local is

angeleyes

Advertisement