Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGE ..... update

• 16-08-2002 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Allright.....ive changed the layout of the IGE site today (Got bored again with the old one)

Its new layout is easier and looks better. What i want are

* People willing to work for the site by adding regular updates and stuff...
    * Peoples FAQs for Game Editing.
    * Files that you want on the downloads sections: eg: FGD's, Hammer etc. Can you please put the link for them up too cos the site is not going to host any of the files. (I will though make an account with tripod or someone and host files there if needed)

Ill have a screenshot of what it looks like up soon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Here is an early screenshot. Ignore the news items....i needed them in order to fill the database.

Im working on some good new scripts for it and it should be ready and finished in 1-2 days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

could use a litle less... grey...

more graphical would be good.. I'm sure raven would do some gfx.. he's quite the photoshopper :D

Yea..i did use a little bit of grey :D

Any donations to the site are welcome and tutorials and FAQs are needed....ill post up more info on how to set out tutorials etc. later ..

nn :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i will commit myself, but keep in mind my commitments usually go down the toilet [less of the grey :p ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Check out my website
    www.modtheater.com

Can use any mohaa/Q3/Bf1942 tuts you find there just credit the author.

kdja

• Advertisement

Allright...thanks kdja for allowing us to use your tutorials..

I have setup an IRC channel for the site. You can find it at:
    #ige.ie on irc.quakenet.org

If you want to work for the site you will get auto op on the channel ... (Providing you have an account with Q etc.)

I will also cut down on some of the grey too :D:p

There are more tuts to go up next few days.

Also we use File Front as its FREE.

Should check it out we have nearly 1 gig on their servers of maps/mods etc:

www.filefront.com

Popup city but FREE

Kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'd be happy to do some gfx....a couple of screenies of Drakes maps and were away with it :D Good job so far mate icon14.gif

Allright here is some updates on what i have done in the past 2 days:

Site is now 75% complete. I have both the News and Downloads sections and the Administration part of them done too :D

all that is left for me to do is the tutorials. The tutorials, i have decided, will be held in a database and administrators will be able to add, edit and delete the tutorials. The site will not host any files or images for the tutorials.

I will create an account with tripod or another free host who give a good bit of space and bandwidth for the images on tutorials etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

wait, i thought u just said u WEREN'T going to have images in tutorials....:confused:

• Advertisement

allright well...they way im making the site you will be able to put images in ... just i dont have the scripts needed to uplaod them so ill create an account with a free host and allow the Admins of the site to login there and uplaod the images.

allright...since its 90% done, all thats left is the admin side of the tutorials and the FAQ I am now gonna be looking for people to work for the site.

If you want to work for the site as an Administrator and be able to add news, links, tutorials and downlaods to it just PM me with the Username you want and the password you want.

You dont need to know HTML for the site as the way i have designed it you can enter in the name or the link and the URL and the javascript will do the rest for you. Similar to the system when you reply to a message with boards...execpt it puts in HTML insted of the [URL] crap.

The site will be finished by either tonight OR tomorrow morning. :D[/url]

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Erm, Winters.
    I'd have to strongly suggest you don't just throw Admin to anyone who applies. You'll end up having a rake of people who'll find a snip of news and throw it up. Next thing you know the site becomes a sea of links to sites / news / threads (Whatever) or irrelevant jargan.

You should, on the other hand, select for example THREE Admins (Excluding yourself) and a rake of "Reviewers / Helpers" who find / make stuff for the site, give it to one of the Admins (Who will hopefully have a ****ing clue about what the site is for and about what news you want) check it and fire it up.

It'd be bad for the site if it gets congested with absolute crap.

Let us know when its up we get 1000 hits to our frontpage a day.
    (thk god for unlimited traffic)

So will post up a nice thingy about it .

kdja

RopeDrink i understand what your talking about. At the moment there are only about 3 Admins. All of which i know. I want to have about 5admins at the moment as there is a lot to throw up.

I can delete admins accounts as i wish so if i see any fowl play by admins they will be removed. They way i have made the administration thingy all admins can add,edit and remove; links, news, downloads and tutorials. As i update the administration stuff i can make it so that the site will have admins and helpers etc. all of which can control there own sections.

kdja, your site will get a nice link on the IGE site too :D

Advertisement