Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking prob

Options
  • 16-08-2002 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Got some network cards and a crossover cable and all was going well until i tryed to go on the net, mirc, ie, outlook infact anything trying to get on the net crashs almost as soon as it launchs.

When im offline ie will "work" without crashing so i know it must be ip settings or something the network card has just taken over.

Thing is in my other pc, one im on now there was no problem everything went fine. (Second pc, this, is winME and other is win98se)

Any help would be great, what the setting should be etc

</network newbie>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

On the problem pc, when i connect to the net she only sends about 1000 and recieves about 700 then those nothing, wereas normally it gets about 5000 sent and recieved before it gets past verifying user name and password......

I need help, please:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

have the ME machine as the host and make sure ICS is installed (thru windows componets as a part of comunicatiuons)

should have no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

n1 searrard, ill try that now

I was going about it the other way around cause the me machine is a bit away, i can always use remote admin to connect it to the net i suppose (yes i know im a lazy bastard)

Advertisement