Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where you at?!

Options
  • 16-08-2002 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

So where do all you Laois users live?

Just trying to get a ideara o who's where ya know?

If you could, when you vote, reply giving your vote and a lil bit whether you like your town or not.

I'm in Stradbally.
    Nice, small town with fúck all the problems o Portlaoise etc.

Where you at?! 19 votes

Stradbally
    0% 0 votes
    Portlaoise
    10% 2 votes
    Mountmellick
    21% 4 votes
    Portarlington [incl. Ballybrittas and Killenard]
    31% 6 votes
    Emo [and surrounding area]
    31% 6 votes
    Abbeyleix
    5% 1 vote
    Mountrath
    0% 0 votes
    The Heath [incl. Ratheniska]
    0% 0 votes
    Other-specify plz
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Maryborough (come on, don't give me that look. You know where I'm talking about. :D).

Used to be a bit of a kip but it's improving rapidly in terms of new facilities and stuff. Unfortunately, with that comes an increased popularity with the town, particularly from "outsiders" (no offence :D) and with that popularity comes problems and the town's getting a bit rough now and the drugs problem has been getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by aidan_dunne
    Maryborough (come on, don't give me that look. You know where I'm talking about. :D).

Smarty pants. (and yes, even though my only visit was to Supermacs I know where you're talking about)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Supermacs? Jesus Sceptre, I'm surprised you're alive then! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

He [sceptre] obviously didn't go to SuperMacs of his own accord.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Ugh supermacs!bowls clenching!There is no worse place to spend the time than in supermacs!

• Advertisement

*Hmmmm*

2 in Stradbally eh?

Wonder if I know him/her....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

I see there are 2 mountmellick votes
    one of these is mine, so who is the other?

Visit mountmellick, Watch out for the smog...

You know what I mean O.R_2K

I put myself down as from mountmellick cause i wont admit where i really come from no it is a shame i cannot bear.Yes that ol' smog'll come rolin in.

It wouldn't be Timahoe would it orangerooster_2000 ???!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Kaimera
    He [sceptre] obviously didn't go to SuperMacs of his own accord.
    ;)

Too right. I was in a group going to a funeral and it seemed the handiest place to stop. The Daytona machine they have (had?) meant we were late for the funeral in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

It wouldn't be Timahoe would it orangerooster_2000 ???!!!

Considering my Ma is from Timahoe, Im afraid Kaimera I have to kill you. Nothing personal just a matter of Ma principle

Originally posted by Mark1million

Considering my Ma is from Timahoe, Im afraid Kaimera I have to kill you. Nothing personal just a matter of Ma principle

Not meant to be personal Mark1. Sowwy to offend Yore Ma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Sowwy to offend Yore Ma

Despite that sounding as if it had been baked in sarcasm and served with a side dish of annoyance, I accept your apology

okey dokey Mark :D

Sigh im from emo well near enough to that den of despair and terror.:o i be mortified!

Ahh..dont worri..Emo isn't the worst [I know you're not exactly from there tho]

Nothing to be ashamed of mate..one of my best mates is from that area.
    Cappakeel (sp?) actually.

Cappakeel eh? i know a terrible sound chap from out there byt the name of dean moloney.Me though im from woodbrook which uis basically close to emo mountmellick (my school) and portarlington about 20 minutes from d 'town as i understand portloaisers call that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭r011ingthunder

Sorry to intrude, but just wondered if you guys would help me out at the following thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=3080730#post3080730

Thanks,

r011in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

sceptre wrote:
    Too right. I was in a group going to a funeral and it seemed the handiest place to stop.

Just pull in the hearse there for a minute boss. I'm bleedin starvin'. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

South-east Laois! Near the Carlow Border....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Ballylynan - Center of the universe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Durrow - rolling hills of green and five rivers of the finest wild trout. Greens that are the biggest in Europe and the crossroads of Ireland. The faithful Blue and White town that came back from the Black and Amber many years ago. The town that a pope who served for two days came from. One of the few surviving strong holds of Laois Hurling but has yet to make it big on the county scene...

Not quite the centre of the universe, but nearly :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Errill- Only just in Laois, the tipp hoors and the cats are only spitting distance from me! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Eolyn

Athlone...blah!not worth mentioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bstatic

I'm from stradbally too!
    Looking forward to the picnic, got me a free saturday ticket! Looks like the best day anyway with Arcade Fire and the Flaming lips.
    But I'm working till six, i'll have to get off early.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Who are the people from Port here????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Polly19

MaryBouragh(;))and proud of it!!

"Nice, small town with fúck all the problems o Portlaoise etc"

Really the town is fine now so you should be abit nicer.

If it wasnt for Portlaoise what night clubs would anyone in the midlands be able to go to?!?:P

Portlaoise is doing fine now weve got the big growth thingie going on(thousands of more houses still to come it seems :S)

Seriously though every town has its problems wont deny Portlaoise hasnt any but go look at this weeks Lenister Express Portlaoise has developed into onof the cleanist towns in Ireland(watches the pigs fly in the sky) proof miracles can happen lol

Drugs is always gonna be a problem in every town no matter how many deny it.Its getting bigger,the drug trade in Portlaoise,but fortunally its mainly the grass/weed market thats growing and thats because all of the latavins/lithiunians moving into the area all want it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Polly19 wrote:
    MaryBouragh(;))and proud of it!!

If it wasnt for Portlaoise what night clubs would anyone in the midlands be able to go to?!?:P

Try to remember that laois is not the only county in the midlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Polly19

Oh excuse me Tomtom...What would the people in LAOIS do with out the nightclubs in Portlaoise...that a little but better?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Flirt FM Dj

RYO... You lil Sake, Your From Portlaoise,

Advertisement