Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City and Harrland to Sue Keane and Utd.

• 16-08-2002 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Well the balloons gone up, Harrland and City have appointed a top legal firm to take Keano and Utd plc to the cleaners. Quite how this will pan out is anyones guess, but it could be a very protracted case. How many away matches might the Cork boy miss in the UEFA cup (!) as he is tied up with court schedules?

Ah the joy of it all....;)

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I bet they won't win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

They'll win but I'm sure Keane doesn't care anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Keane deserves everything he gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

'a top legal firm', ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I belive they're called Sue, Grabbit and Run! :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Whats this i heard that Dunphy's trying to take the blame.
    (heard it on UTV's 'The Premiership')

ne 1 got more info? i dont think that will wash as Keane obviously ok'd the book before print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Well the simple fact of the matter in all of this is that Keano actually doesn't care less. The reason for this is because he stands to lose a whooping big 0, yes zero, zilch, even if Haaland and city win the law suite.

He's insured up to the hilt and won't have to pay a penny.

And as far as the reports of possible action from the F.A. is concerned, Keane was already suspended for his actions against Haaland so how they can legislate for suspending him or worse again is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭cheeky_monkey

And as far as the reports of possible action from the F.A. is concerned, Keane was already suspended for his actions against Haaland so how they can legislate for suspending him or worse again is beyond me
    err, maybe because he's openly declared that it was a deliberate revenge attack? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by B-K-DzR

ne 1 got more info? i dont think that will wash as Keane obviously ok'd the book before print.

Yeah, that made me laugh, was it Dunphy who chopped-down
    Harrland too? :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

more info here: http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1061206,00.html

• Advertisement

nono mike i aint saying that :p

What im saying is that Dunphy is trying to claim that Keane never did it intentionally and that Dunphy kinda made it up a bit. I know thats a load of bollox but i was just wondering if any one had heard that as well ;)

nono mike i aint saying that :p

What im saying is that Dunphy is trying to claim that Keane never did it intentionally and that Dunphy kinda made it up a bit. I know thats a load of bollox but i was just wondering if any one had heard that as well ;)

Thats why I mis-interpreted your post - Unintentional?! ha! Dunphy's gonna make a fortune if he's getting a cut of sales. :mad:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

err, maybe because he's openly declared that it was a deliberate revenge attack?

If you ask me, as stupid as it may sound, this is neither here nor there.

The fact of the matter is that he was punished already by the F.A. for this incident. What about all of the players who have gotten sent of for punching/striking players deliberately in the past.

As it happens the tackle was horrific anyway, and didn't leave any question of doubt that it was deliberate, because, as most players will argue when they get sent off "in the wrong", it certainly wasn't accidental.

Therefore, I really can't see why the F.A. would want to suspend him again other than the fact that they will be put under enormous pressure to do so by the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭cheeky_monkey

no offence, but that does sound a tad stupid. Yes it was a deliberate tackle, we all know that - but he didn't run to the media the next day saying "That was a deliberate revenge attack for 3 years ago..." They would've gone to work on him if he had.

FA/Legalities aside for a sec... do you honestly think he should be let on a pitch again? Think about it. He deliberately tried to finish someones' career and then goes "yeah, I did that deliberately" in a book.

Why lol? My opinion is cos he's a nutter. It will be interesting to see what the FA do. I also hope it doesn't go to court etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Stinkah he will probably get done for "bringing the game into disrepute" rather than be punished for the same offense again. I agree I think if they have backbone they will dish out a long term ban to show all the young players that what Keane did was wrong.

As regards Dunphy taking the blame the fact is that Roy had to sign off the manuscript so all this talk of been liberal with Roys actual words are meaningless. I do not see this case been brought for a day in court, why because Keane and Haaland will be pressured by the football autorities to settle out of court as this would be the floodgates for actions from others.

Gandalf.

Did Keane actually say that he tried to end Haalands career or are people adding up 2+2 and getting 5. I thought he just said he wanted revenge. Which might mean that he just wanted to hurt Haaland and perhaps (big one i know ;) ) he mighta wanted to come clean in his book. Never thought he said he wanted to end his career.

He might be feeling guilty over doing the amount of damage that he did. ( ... and pigs fly. i know :x )

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Top legal firm?

"Have you been injured in a fall or accident at work? Are you upset that McDonalds made you fat? Lionel Hutz, attorney at law. No! Money Down."

Whatever City/Haaland might take Keane for, its peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Intresting thing is that its not the knee Keano hit is the one that has caused him to quit. its the other one, and City are saying its the fall after the tackle that did the damage..

if he did win it would start hundreds of ex-players taking clubs to court..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Advertisement