Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk IT

Options
  • 17-08-2002 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

i got my results the last day and i am quite happy with them . I think i am going to get Dundalk IT code dk003 and i want to know is dundalk town any good and is the course good.I know i should have asked this before i put it down on my cao form but i never got around to it .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

just want some more info. what or the chances of a computer course GA738 coming down like 100 points this year.Is a PLC any good and if you apply for one and you get it can you reject it and take the collage offer. thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

I went to Dundalk rtc in '97, on one side you have the carrolls cig factory & then ther other you have the brewery blowing the fupin stinkin smell over the town...na too plesent...there are a good few bars in the town but its a good 20mins walk, in all fairness you either hate the place or love, I fupin hated the place, I was doin computers & the Lecturers were crap but it might have changed since, I even hear they have a bar on campus.

2 facts for you:

1. highest rate of school girl pregnacy in ireland (maybe due to the short skirts or a school right beside the college)

2. the highest rate of leukemia in Ireland (sellafield only 60miles away & the cig factory I presume)

you decide

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'm going to it anyway for the craic... I know lots of people who go there so it should be good fun. I hear the lecturers were bollocks a few years ago like phoenix said but I heard that has all changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

i was there '98 to '00
    did Soft. Dev certificate.
    wasn't too bad, had a few good lecturers and one or two ****. overall they were ok.
    I went to Dundalk rtc in '97, on one side you have the carrolls cig factory & then ther other you have the brewery blowing the fupin stinkin smell over the town...na too plesent...there are a good few bars in the town but its a good 20mins walk, in all fairness you either hate the place or love, I fupin hated the place, I was doin computers & the Lecturers were crap but it might have changed since, I even hear they have a bar on campus.

i think carrolls cig factory was bought by the college.

the brewery is at the other end of town, the smell is only really bad if you are going to the train station. trust me, smells worse if you have a bad hangover :(

all the decent bars are up in the town so its at least a 20min walk from the college. since last year the bar on the campus opened, so you wont have too far to travel for a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Carrols factory has been bought by the college and is in development to create a bigger campus.

as for the brewry is was under the impression that it closed(afaik), maybe not, I`v lived in Dundalk for 2 years, never heard of any bad smell.

theres abar open oin campus, and there is another bar(the malt house - nyom nyom)5 mins away.
    highest rate of school girl pregnacy in ireland

how the **** will this effect young eire insane, i`m sure it may even help his get his rocks off:p(unless ur a chick)
    2. the highest rate of leukemia in Ireland (sellafield only 60miles away & the cig factory I presume)

cif factory closed, sellafield thing applies more to people who were born and reared here during 60/70`s afaik

I love the place, nites out are pretty good, course is good as well, lecturers are grand(there are ****ty ones but you get that in most places).

more info on dkit - www.dkitsu.com + www.dkit.ie

drop me a pm if you wanna know more - on accomodation etc.

Any of you need accomodation, me has a room in Glenwood(5 mins from college, 2 beds, all mod cons, nice house rent-around €45, clean house, newly decorated)

• Advertisement
Advertisement