Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop Down Menu

Options
  • 17-08-2002 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this should go here if not feel free to move it.

I would like to add a menu like the one above to my site.

Can any one tell how it was created is there a tool you can get (Hopefully FREE :) ) or was it coded from scratch?

I would like to make it Dynamic if possible, With the i know of PHP and getting the Dynamic elements from MySQL DB can it be done?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

hmmm ... as far as i know its done through java script... its something ive been trying to do for the past while..

u may want to scan through some of the free script webpages for possibly some freebies or just leech it off any site that has them and edit them for your needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

So you want to be able to create a dynamic menu, that is generated based in content pulled from a DB. That shouldn't be a problem. Some people often get confused when they think about Java scripting. The reason is this; people see web apps (coded in PHP, Java, etc) as only being able to produce HTML output. That's not true, you can output what you like, and that includes javascript. So if a web app can output dynamic html, it can output dynamic java script. So by producing dynamic java scripts you can have a dynamic menu system.

There are plenty places online that will offer you code to build menu's. The majourity use java script methods, and all you have to do is google some code up. I would get you some myself, but tbh there is so much out there it will only take you 2 secs to find something suitable on google.

So what I recommend you do is get some code examples for a menu, and edit it to make a template for yourself. Then have the web app use that template to throw up any kind of menu it likes.

HTH :)

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 CarrigHOST

they might have something at hotscripts.com

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

never noticed your sig before phobos, very clever :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Are ppl too lazy to check the fscking source code and followup with a fscking Google nowadays?
    /*
    * DHTML Menu version 3.3
    * written by Andy Woolley
    * Copyright 2002 Andy Woolley. All Rights Reserved.
    * Please feel free to use this code on your own website free of charge.
    * You can also distribute and modify this source code as long as this
    * Copyright notice remains intact and that you send me notice that you
    * intend to use this code on your website. 
    * Limited support for this script is provided
    * Commercial licence agreements are available on request for use & full support.
    * You can send email to [email]menu3@milonic.com[/email] 
    */

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    Are ppl too lazy to check the fscking source code and followup with a fscking Google nowadays?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you have Dreamweaver on your pc there is one in that that you can use ... and you dont have to have a load of copyright crap in it either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Winters
    If you have Dreamweaver on your pc there is one in that that you can use ... and you dont have to have a load of copyright crap in it either :D
    That's because it's assumed that you've paid for right to use the code by buying Dreamweaver in the first place...

...or has Dreamweaver become freeware then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

there is a DHTML menu builder available. Its called SoThinkDHTMLMenu, made by Source Tec. You have to buy it, or get it other ways, like i did. tis a sweet easy program, and has a shed load of example menus.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Where can I find this program, the ligit version

Advertisement