Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what temp should a xp 2000+ be

• 17-08-2002 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

what is the opperating temp for a 2000+ xp not overclocked??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Depends on what heatsink you got, how many fans you got, what size and make of case you got.

I have a Chieftec Full Dragon with an Alpha PAL 8045 with a 80mm delta and some case fans running my XP1900(1.6GHz) at XP2200 (1.8GHz)

Its all factors really and more info is needed.

Check the thread a couple of weeks back about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Depends on the motherboard really, different boards report temperature differently due to different sensor locations.

I'd say if you're below, 50, then great. 50-55 should be ok. Anything over that, get a better heatsink and some Artic Silver paste to go with it. Also look at your fan layout, it's good to have an exhaust fan behind the CPU blowing the hot air out the back of the case (loads of info on this at amd.com).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

my xp2000+ runs at 47º idle and reaches 54º and sometimes 55º under stress. btw. cpu cooler is Zalman CNPS6000-Cu Flower.

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i just wanted to know the opperating temp of it or what to keep it under the motherboard it a asus a7v333 raid and the heatsink is a thermoflake volcano 7

Advertisement