Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.wma Problem

Options
  • 17-08-2002 8:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

I have some .wma's that I'd like to burn to disc. However, when I transfered them to my other PC, and played them with Windows Media Player, I got a message saying I couldnt play the files because the License didnt reside on the PC.

I tried turning the .wma to mp3s and opening with Winamp. Windows Media player resisted vehemently. Sure, I can rename them, but that doesnt work. Despite me trying to open them in Winamp, they open in WMP.

I tried doing all of the above on my Win98 PC. The other PC is WinXP. How do I bypass the License thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hi Augmerson,

Make sure you have the full version of Winamp. Only the full version can play WMAs.

Once you have the full winamp installed, you can right click on a folder and "enqueue in winamp". But only with Version 2.

Grab the Full version from here:

http://classic.winamp.com/download/

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

The wmas are copy protected. If you don't want this happening in future go into windows media player... Click tool-> options. Click the "copy music" tab. Unclick "Protect Content". In future if you rip your cds to wmas the content won't get protected. You can try downloading some mp3 plugins for windows media player. Then you would get the option of ripping your cds to mp3s.
    Hope this explains your problem.

Have a nice day.
    Donal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Thanks lads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

No Problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Or use a better ripping program like AudioCatalyst or do a search on downloads.com, and don't use WMP at all, from past experience Windows Media Player from version 7, has been nothing but a headache, for me anyway.
    The older version was lovely, the one that comes with Win2k is the nice one:)

C.

• Advertisement
Advertisement