Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube Questions

Options
  • 17-08-2002 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Time to get the Cube. I have 3 questions......

1. Whats the best deal available at the moment (Game, Dixons, Smiths etc.) ?

2. What are the best games out at the moment (taking longevity into account - I've heard Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin can be finished over a weekend) ??

3. Are any video shops renting Gamecube games yet ??

Thanks in advance,
    Dave.

Comments

Don't go for Rogue Leader...it will piss you off considerably!!

It's the kind of game that just throws up almost- impossible levels where there's fire from all angles with no let up...it's just frustrating...you could be playing ok then suddenly you're ****ed!

Apart from that, I've heard great things about smash bros and the upcoming releases are fantastic so a gamecube would be a worthy investment at the mo.

That's my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

1. Smiths offer €60 with it, I think.

2. Super Monkey Ball and Pikmin. Pikmin is fairly short, but it really is a wonderful game.

3. Not that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

If you got a few good mates nearby and 4 controllers, smash bro's is a must until mario kart comes out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

mario karts not coming out for it
    games to watch out for: mario sunshine, metroid prime, zelda, starfox
    substr you're right sonic is wayyy too easy

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭fester

i went around last week and i couldn't find anyone renting games, although they said that they would soon ('soon' being a completely undefinable amount of time).

(And would you not get an xbox instead... way better)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

mario karts not coming out for it

Nintendo showed short clips of a Mario Kart title on the Cube at E3.

Games-wise, I'd go for Monkey Ball, Pikmin and Super Smash Bros (if you're planning on using it for multiplayer). Over the next few months, you'll be wanting to pick up Resident Evil, Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness and Starfox Adventures - plenty to keep your wallet empty between now and Christmas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

we've got an x-box and a gamecube in the flat, anyone else notice the huge difference in load times between the two consoles?.......xbox.zzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OK.... got the gamecube over the weekend.... I love it !!

Got Super Monkey Ball and Pikmin for it, and they're both excellent games.

The deal in Smyths has changed a little bit. I know before they had a mix of 10s and 5s in their vouchers. Now they only give out 5s. So I only got a fiver off each game, plus a fiver off a memory card. Still a pretty good deal.

So where is the best place to buy games online, then ?? (Considering you probably aren't going to get much change from €60 in Game or Smyths). Any good online stores?

Ebay is tempting, but because they are mini-cds, there is a danger of scratches......

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Hey There. I'd recommend www.play.com as im sure lots of others would. Got almost all my GC games from there. They give great prices for PC stuff too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

I think Mario Sunshine and Super Monkey Ball 2 will be released very soon... I think Zelda wont be released for a while, though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yeah zelda ain't out until Feb 2003
    I heard rumours of a GC zelda title with all the old snes/nes zelda games on it?!

Play's games are £35-ish (which is about €55). It'd work out cheaper to get them in Smyths with my vouchers (I'd have to pay postage to Play).

Anywhere else? :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Postage is free on play.com isnt it? Well it was for me when I ordered 2 DVD's there last month.

Yup postage is free. It was cheaper for me to sit on my arse and order FFX then it was for me to go into town and get it :)

Ah nice one. Didn't know that!

- Dave.

Advertisement