Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raging Speedhorn

Options
  • 17-08-2002 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭

Apparently Raging Speedhorn are refusing to play Ireland ever again because of aggressive behaviour by bouncers towards fans here.

Not that I liked RS very much but I hope other bands don't follow suit.

Do ppl think this is a reasonable course of action, or are the band just being drama-queens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

well it is true that the bouncers here are total f*cking wankors. i was crowd surfing at ozzfest(during Slayer, that was so mental) and they the bouncers were tryin to pull me over the barriers and the guys who were holdin me up were tryin to keep me in the crowd. one of the bouncers started punching ppls arms to try to get me(and they didnt :P )

thats just one story out of the many that im sure u guys have,
    and its not even a bad one.

those wh00res that mcd hire to be "security" at gigs r such a$$holes, no suprise that RS have taken a stand against it but refusing to play is a bit much. they should be taking a stand against outragous ticket prices and the monopoly that mcd have over live music instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I don't think its bouncers so much as those fúckwits at MCD.

They are the ones with all this "No Moshing", "No Crowd Surfing" bollox...

They are also the ones who keep the concert prices so high over here...baxtards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

i think they are being ****.the first time i saw them over here was in limrick WITH NO BOUNCERS.if they wanted to play they could play a number of smaller gigs across the country here.
    i think they are trying to create a scene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

They are truely a crap, crap band...no loss when you think about it...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by deco
    I don't think its bouncers so much as those fúckwits at MCD.

They are the ones with all this "No Moshing", "No Crowd Surfing" bollox...

They are also the ones who keep the concert prices so high over here...baxtards.
    I totally agree with ya there deco. The perfect example of this was at Tattoo the Planet last year, IR£40 for the ticket when it was only £22 in the UK and they got way more bands there too. Total and utter bollocks! And then when you got into the Point there was bouncers patroling the floor to make sure that no one is moshing otherwise they'd get thrown out. It happened to on of my friends the same night, he was in the middle of the pit at the wrong time during Slayer and got thrown out of the barricaded area in front of the stage. Since when did bouncers do that?! It was obviously down to MCD, thinking "Ohhh! Its a Slayer concert, someone is gonna get seriously injured in those pits". Complete nonsense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement