Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Films / TV - Separate or Not

• 17-08-2002 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

While you guys are in a board-giving bonanaza mood, i thought id suggest something which may or may not have been mentioned before but has been bugging me for a while.

Can we have a films/tv section?

The main advantage of this would be that films and tv could be two seperate boards. IMO, this is really needed. The tv postings have really multiuplied in the last year or so, more than enough to warrant its own board. Personally, im more interested in the TV discussions than the Film ones and i reckon theres a few more out there that think likewise. Im sure the Film buffs get annoyed by the huge amount of TV postings too.

As a bonus, the section would provide a home for Smallville, Star Wars and LOTR (maybe)

To prove ive really thought this through, Irish Pubs could take Films/TV's slot in After Hours. Rename it to Pubs and Clubs and its found its spiritual home!

Hows about that then?

PS Yeh, i Work in TV so i might be biased, but i dont think so:)

What should be done with the Films / TV forum? 16 votes

Separate Films / TV into two forums
    0% 0 votes
    Keep Films / TV together in one forum
    100% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Dustaz

As a bonus, the section would provide a home for Smallville, Star Wars and LOTR (maybe)
    they should have never left Scifi/Fantasy ffs :rolleyes: ;)

As for your idea no i think its fine as is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Jeje, good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by azezil

As for your idea no i think its fine as is :)

Agreed, we don't need the bother of sifting thru two boards when the material contained in both subjects is of interest to essentially the same group of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I think Dustaz idea is a really good one.

Having a new section for Films/TV would be a very good way of organising the boards. I think that Films and TV should each have their own boards because the discussions on each can be very different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The Films/TV section is fine the way it is.There are far to many sub sections to boards.ie as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Agreed. It would mean that I would never again have to read any of Dustaz's posts masturbating furiously over the merits of contestants in the Irish version of Survivor, or how wonderfully Marty Whelan's moustache is trimmed this week, or his sexual desires for contestants on the Lyrics Board.

In other words, this would make my life into a richer and more palatable experience. I wholeheartedly endorse this product and/or service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Methinks they are fine as they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Let's have a vote.

Vote here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

n1 cloud.

Just to clarify for a min. Normally im fairly against new boards and/or splitting boards, but in this case it just seems to make sense. We have 5 music boards after all, which seem to have a fairly healthy flow of traffic. Rock/Metal and Dance/Electronic are a LOT more related to Music than TV is to Film. TV and Film are essentially two different genres of Media.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Got enough boards as it is, leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i was going to suggest this in the past, or perhaps suggest another board for the film/tv industry rather than the actual programmes / films, i would personally prefare if they were seperate but.....

There wouldn't b enough traffic to kepp both alive seperatly so keep it as it is.

Jimmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu

There wouldn't b enough traffic to kepp both alive seperatly so keep it as it is.

Theres more than enough traffic to support both boards. I think the question is whether people actually want two boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by azezil

they should have never left Scifi/Fantasy ffs :rolleyes: ;)

yea....i dont think there getting as much traffic as they used to before they were moved.

Im not to sure if it would be worth splitting them up. If you were to where yould you put them? Move Regional into Community and give it ites own tab? It might make sence to split them into a Films and TV board ... one for each.

Im not too sure if it would work though
    (I voted to keep as they are)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This only slightly off-topic (trust me!), what would be good is a board dedicated to the creative/business aspects of all media
    rather than such occassional threads getting lost in the posts about which show from the sixties should be revived and such like.

I honestly don't know if there would be much support for something with more, er depth but I suspect on the qt there are
    a number of peeps who fancy themselves writing at length
    on the merits of Stanley Kubrik or Francis Bacon and why the
    music business is such a poor state of repair and...oops I'm talking about myself! :p

Any takers?

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Split TV/Film - Yes
    Create a sub-section - No

If there is a subsection created then there will be no room for any more important ones. However if it is created, I think it should be joined to the Music / Radio section with the Free Radio Subsection.

Thats my opinion anyway.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Go on split them...just can I stay with the films section as then I'll never have to read all that Big Brother $hite again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

its dead even, so whats it gonna b admins, together or seperate :confused:

The moderator has spoken, and since it's a draw it will be a separation.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Oh christ.
    Im not looking forward to wading through the two.

• Advertisement

I've manually moved what I think are TV posts to the Television forum, but you'll probably find stuff that should have been in Films in Television and vice versa, hopefully the current and future moderators will spot what I didn't.

Advertisement