Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Koopa v Nemesis - Game on.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

:eek:

I'm shocked and horrified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Any chance of the result in textual format?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The result, in short: Koopa raped Nemesis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

har har

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

you guys are so cruel:)

i said on irc, id be very surprised if nemisis gets a single kill.

well done sam, total ownage as expected:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

lol
    Well done, Sam!
    Did he get the money from the bet without problems?
    What did Nemesis say after the match?
    I hope someone brought a video camera :)

Holy jesus
    I just saw the demos... are they for real?

SPOILER:

Koopa totally owned nemesis 28-0 and 47-0

After all the things Nemesis was saying about himself and Koopa, I was expecting him to do much better than that :)

All I can say is that nemesis is a total muppet for betting €200 against Koopa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

closer than i expected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yeah in fairness, Nemesis actually did pretty well, keeping himself out of a negative score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Yep Nemesis got ownd!

The money was handed over straight away with a sheepish smile, it was a good hustle.....

It was a joy to meet and watch nD play, and to jump in for a few rounds, everything got set-up well and people were playing for most of the night......

I wanna say thanks for everyone who came, especialy MP who set us up with GTV to watch "Last exit from Brooklyn!"....

****in pyld Koopa!

Ger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Eric's true feelings revealed:

Image%20015.jpg

"He's so dreamy..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

nice pic lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

invisible opponent in those demos, there i was thinking "hey this guy is fraggin ur man b4 i can even see him"

or is it just me

Originally posted by bazH
    invisible opponent in those demos, there i was thinking "hey this guy is fraggin ur man b4 i can even see him"

or is it just me
    I got that too at first, then I downloaded the DSC demo player and the CPMA thing, and now it works fine. (They are 2 megs each)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I'm thoroughly dissappointed in Koopa's performance. I mean, where in god's name was the ruse?! You should have let him dangle for a while..let him think he had a slight change...instead we see your standard Sam-Raping(tm).

Top quake player...poor entertainer. :p

and where was the GTV server ye fags!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Downloaded dsc lite to play that orginally

i was told there now i should run the osp mod, then view demo, but havent checked yet.(cause i`m bizee:p) - neway i know the ending.:D

[edit] got it verking with osp1.01(doh!)[edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Koopa can't dodge for sh**e, but Nemesis can't aim for sh**e; so it balances out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

....have you ever actually played against Koopa?

No, and looking at the demos I'd rather not :D

From what I can see (from these and these alone) Koopa doesn't seem to dodge that much when under fire but it's almost always enough to stop getting hit. His aim is absolutely phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

His aim is off in those games. Later when he was well warmed up, it was pretty good.

As for dodging, dodging can always seem crappy when looking at peoples demos, tho, if you were to play them, youd realise how good it actually is.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    His aim is off in those games. Later when he was well warmed up, it was pretty good.
    Gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Originally posted by MindPhuck

As for dodging, dodging can always seem crappy when looking at peoples demos, tho, if you were to play them, youd realise how good it actually is.

yeah noticed that, as the night went on and he played more ppl his rail aim just kept getting better, you should release Koopa as an aim bot :P

I must say i never saw Q3 played like i did at the Lan.. it was impressive...

cheers to the lads that travelled to come to the lan, and to those who help us with our linux server.

the award of Stupidity goes to jamaican for asking koopa "So, do you play Quake3 much?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by Stokolan

the award of Stupidity goes to jamaican for asking koopa "So, do you play Quake3 much?"

I don't think thats a stupid question.. since Koopa doesn't play much quake 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

any way i can watch those demos without having quake3 installed?.......swiss owes me money yes?.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Originally posted by SheroN
    swiss owes me money yes?.....

yeah... when the match was over swiss was nowhere to be found, we tought he did a runner cause he owned money to ppl.... he finally turned up after a while and we convinced him that Koopa lost and he tried to claim his money from 1 of the lads from dublin :P.. cheers to koopa for playing along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

Class night :)
    Hats off to sam he ****ing destroyed me in every way possible, he is ****in class, i got hussled but thats the way it goes :p

I remember somone mentioning world class earlier and thats all that comes to mind.

Anyway thanks to the dub lads for comin, and thanks to sam for the game, he was sound had a good night with him.

Thanks for not rippin the piss even though i deserve it totally :p
    Anyway hopefully cya at some futrue lans so u can destroy me again :p

P.S wanna go double or nothin :p hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Originally posted by *NemesiS*
    P.S wanna go double or nothin :p hehe

that sounds like a threat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yeah was a class night lads, thx to the guys who organised it, and of course to neil for the money :k

we should do this again sometime n8z :DD>:>'_'__@,

sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

No I haven't forgotten. I just had *ahem* somewhere else to be for a few hours (I didn't think the match would start till later).

I sorted out podgeen, so that just leaves SheroN and DeV. I'll sort out DeV at the boards drinkies (I got the day off - w00t) and I can see SheroN in work (or else again at the boards do if he's going).

I still haven't seen those demos, but I can only imagine the skill required for that kind of 0wnage. Plyd Sam, I was going to play you in 1v1 quake a little later, but I thought better of it and got raped in Warcraft instead :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

he was sound had a good night with him

did you have to pay extra for that NemisiS? :P

Advertisement