Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dubs and thier old mate Sam

Options
  • 18-08-2002 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Maguire that is.

I know this should probably go in sports, but its nice to fill up this forum a bit :)

What do people think of the Dubs chances this year?

They were particularly impressive yesterday against an awful donegal team (wtf happened to them?) and have a real gem in Ray Cosgrove.

Anyone else follow de boyez in blue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I reckon we can win it.
    The reason we are doing better this year is because of Tommy Lyons. For one, not to sound like a pompus twat (is that what you called us Dustaz), but we are doing better coz he isnt just picking players from northside clubs.
    If you look at the team now it's much more balanced.
    Also if Whelan, Cosgrove, Cluxton and Connell continue to perform like they did yesterday I think we will be very difficult to beat.
    Nice to see Darren Magee starting in midfield.
    Wan The Crokes. er I mean Dubs. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Don't know if we'll win it this year. The way we let Donegal back into the first game wasn't too impressive but perhaps we can write that off as being match rusty.

I think if we keep playing like we did yesterday we'll be there and there abouts and sure Ciaran Whelan could probably get us there single handedly! I'll be happy just as long as those 'Cerk biys' don't win. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Culchie Boy

Hi, Dublin are good but can they beat the Kingdom ? , I am fully convinced that it will be a Dublin V Kerry final that sure would bring back memories to the older G.A.A fans. if Kerry are beaten by Cork next sunday which won't happen, Dublin would be pretty safe . But if Kerry win, it could be Kerry V Dublin as i said before it would sure make some match. i'd think Kerry would win as they met Dublin last year in Thurles and beat them in the replay.

Well may the best team win,

Regards Culchie Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yeh, i completely agree with you with regards to Lyons makeveli
    Originally posted by Pigman
    Don't know if we'll win it this year. The way we let Donegal back into the first game wasn't too impressive but perhaps we can write that off as being match rusty.

Yeh pignman, that was worrying, but i think its probably down to lyons not being there. The subsituitions that were made really seemed to throw the team each time they were made (connel off and on again?). It was like watching a different team yesterday.

I think the final everyone wants to see is Kerry Dublin (with the added advantage that cark would be dumped back into the lee where they belong :) ). That prospect is very worrying, as kerry look VERY strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Not sure if they can do it.

Think even players felt let down by Donegals no show on saturday ,be afraid they carry that over to the next game.

As at the end of the Donegal match Dublin were walking rund the pitch.
    If they can play like they did in the 1st 20 in the next round should get to the final at least but we can Muff up in epic proportions so im a bit wary .

Kdja

• Advertisement
Advertisement