Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's from wicklow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Easy boy, if Bray does not own greystones, why do so many of you home boys and gals come to bray to get some schooling? Go back to greystones greystonians.

Bow down to the even greater superior power of Dublin, it ownz all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

why do so many of you home boys and gals come to bray to get some schooling?

We may receive schooling in Bray because our school(s) lack certain subjects or attitude etc in Greystones.
    Anyway, myself am in Pres, there is a fellow there in my class from Wicklow Town.WHY DOES HE GET A TRAIN AT 7.30 IN THE MORNING JUST TO GO TO SCHOOL IN NORTH WICKLOW?Its stupid!
    And there is a secondary school in Wicklow anyway.
    Why do people from Bray go to schools like Blackrock??
    Why do people from Dublin/Wicklow go to Gerrads??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

If i was still wicklow mod, i would most certainly have barred this gibberish about greystones superiority over Bray, which so happens to be false as Bray ownz greystones and i repeat Bray ownz greystones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I live too close to Wicklow for comfort. The Dublin Mountains (or as you lot call them, the Wicklow mountains) are pretty close to my house.
    Close as in a 20 minute drive to 3 rock. Well maybe not 20 minutes I dunno, it's ages since I've been there, anyway I'm just rambling now.
    YOU GUYS SMELL.* :p

*only joking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Only smell of Yore Ma Mak ;)

That's where all the dublin bird's got to get some right loving :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Now you see I would go into Wicklow and slap you, but it's smells be it the smell of my ma or not. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle. Bow down to the even greater superior power of Dublin, it ownz all

Sorry mate Bray is also in Wicklow. North Wicklow to be exact. :p Dublin is at the northside of Bray( little bray ). So you are not the power of Dublin. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Prundic

I'm from Blessington.Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

From Kilcoole
    Went to school in Bray
    Married bloke from Greystones
    Living in Ashford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

I live in Greystones nothing to brag about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

I'm from Tinahely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭irlhost

I'm from Greystones..went to school there also.
    Sh*t school :)

You wouldn't find any "Newtowners" on the net. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Blessington!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭red vex

annacurra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Bray..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

I'm from Bray too. For those of you from Bray where do you go on a saturday night? I'm sick of going out in Bray and have started going into town or down to Cluesos, although I'm already sick of there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

well when i was younger, i used to go to katy gallaghers.....now i mainly go to the martello/it's club or the porterhouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bray also but i'm hoping to get out of it (and this country) in the next 5-6 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I live in Dublin, but I lived in Greystones for 24 years.. does that count?
    Oh, and Irlhost, I don't know which school you're referring to, but I bet I can guess :D

kEv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Blinda

I lived in Kildare. Did the Irish dancing Feish scene around Wicklow in my youth and went out with a Graystones lad (sailor) a few times until he sailed away with the Merchant navy. Does that count.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Im originaly from Bray but now I live down in the bogs of Kilkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

Bray..

Proud of it but really hate it most of the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Enniskerry but shop, get an education and do everything else in Dublin :D if i had it my way id live in dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Where are the newtowners?

Do they have the internet there yet?:D
    I am livin in newtown i play football for newtown whats wrong wit it????????? Ahhh no i know what u mean i am originally from greystones my fella is from newtown ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

soon to be moving to the village[rathnew] to the no wicklow viewers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

Living In Greystones Now For 5 Years, Thats After Spending 4 Years In Dublin City, Christ What A Change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

From the place where broadband is but a pipe dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭jedistev

hi

here is rathnew man here!!!

seems we have great group of wicklow people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

irlhost wrote:

You wouldn't find any "Newtowners" on the net. :p
    I NEAR ENOUGH AM ONE :p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hey all you Wicklownians. I currently live in Celbridge, and work in Dublin, but I'll be buying a house in the next 6 months or so. The prices have been pushing us further and further from Dublin.

I was looking in Bray and Greystones but ye gawds there's nothing decent for under 280,000, and by decent I mean a pokey apartment.

My fiancee's from Arklow and I've looked at the houses for sale there on myhome.ie. They're very appealing, there's some great properties available for 200,000 - 250,000.

So, my question is, does anyone here live in Arklow and COMMUTE to Dublin? And if so, is it insane to be thinking of doing it?

Advertisement