Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's from wicklow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Dubhelp wrote:
    I always enjoy the pub quix question ...

What are the 2 furthests towns away in Wicklow, most dont get it.

also what are the 2 furtherest towns away in Dublin.
    is this an all ireland ? or just the republic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Dubhelp

?????

Which 2 towns in wicklow are geographically furthest away? That the Q. Then same for Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

sorry,mis-read the?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭skye

Carnew and Bray??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

skye wrote:
    Moved from Arklow to Rathnew - Arklow is rough to say the least!!:D Originally from Tyrone

Originally from Arklow myself and it IS a rough spot... moved after college and never went back...well only at the very odd weekend...

I wouldnt advise anyone to move there... there is NOTHING to do in the place... you cant even go to the cinema because its full of 12 - 16 year olds who just go there to mess... went there (stupidly) last year and asked for my money back after 3 mins coz I couldnt hear the film.... no-one was there to watch the film!

All people do in the town is sit on benches around the town or go to the pub...

Place is full of drugs as well... just pick up the Wicklow People and have a read of it...

Its a pain driving to Dublin from there as well... eventho the new M50 link is open...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DigiMarc

I'm from Wicklow Town myself but am just wondering what is with the all the Wicklow bashing from people that live/come from there?

I'm quite happy to be from Wicklow. Think I'm in a minority here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

I love Bray so much,all my friends think I'm crazy,maybe I am but I just think it is such a great town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 zinbe

What's Blessignton like? One of four diff options considering as a move from Dun Laoghaire.....I know about the commute, but what about the town. Much there, rough? quiet? nice? kip? etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Where are the newtowners?

Do they have the internet there yet?:D

No...we just ride into Greystones at the request of the bored young ladies who have just finished a tedious day in Mount Anville and want to spend some quality time with real lads. Not some "roysh here, roysh now" knob. We use their high-speed internet when we're thru with 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Originally from Arklow myself and it IS a rough spot... moved after college and never went back...well only at the very odd weekend...

I wouldnt advise anyone to move there... there is NOTHING to do in the place... you cant even go to the cinema because its full of 12 - 16 year olds who just go there to mess... went there (stupidly) last year and asked for my money back after 3 mins coz I couldnt hear the film.... no-one was there to watch the film!

Place is full of drugs as well... just pick up the Wicklow People and have a read of it...

Its a pain driving to Dublin from there as well... eventho the new M50 link is open...

I went to see Kingdom of Heaven in Bray...waste of time. Frickin youngsters thought a Crusader was something that Range Rover made.

• Advertisement

Ahhhhh yeah, we think we own that cinema! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DaisyD

In laws from Wicklow, mother in law a Rathnew woman. Love visiting the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,423 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Me from Ashford. Bein here twelve years. Go to school in Bray though. How i really hate Wicklow overall.

That "looseholes" comment...pure genius!!! Never actually bein(too young supposedly but doesnt matter cos i still get served in the off-licence) and dont wanna go.

Mushy wrote:
    Me from Ashford. Bein here twelve years. Go to school in Bray though.

What school do you go to? I go to Loreto Bray! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

I'll agree to disagree with you - we moved from Bray to Arklow 4 years ago and I wouldn't go back TBH. Bray is much worse than Arklow drugs & crime wise - some of the stories my brother tells me would make your hair stand on end. To be fair, most towns in Ireland have some level of drugs problem so it doesn't faze me.

The cinema in Arklow closed about 2-3 weeks ago & there'll be a new one when the Bridgewater Centre opens next year - that should provide a great boost for the town (if only there was a Superquinn or M&S planned!!)

Driving is a doddle since the Ashford bypass opened in 2004. When we first moved down, it would take at least an hour from Bray to Arklow and sometimes longer, now it's 35 minutes to Bray and 1 hour 15 to the airport. Now that Gorey is being bypassed, life should get so much easier for the commuters living in Wexford too.

There is plenty to do in Arklow - it just depends on what your idea of entertainment is. Fair enough you were brought up there and I can imagine it was a bit of a dump - but you don't live there now, and it has changed hugely since we moved there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

babaduck wrote:
    There is plenty to do in Arklow .

for instance??

what is there to do for teenagers at the weekends??

even the youth club closes down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Blesso man myself. Tis nice living beside the lakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Originally from Laragh myself now living in Blessington and have to say, love it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 HowllinPelle

wot youth club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 R_punto

:eek: There’s Wicklow people living in Cork to. Sorry but much prefer living in a city. Got a bit bored with the bridge and Phils

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭solus

Im from roundwood.. but living in Dublin for years...
    I hate wickla town.. went to school there

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

From Dunlavin in west Wicklow, moved to bray for 2 years, loved it for a while, now in Newtownmountkennedy, just bought a house here. So far I really like it, but the street is really bumpy to drive on. The local shop is deadly though, sells everything from paint brushes to fishing nets. Hopefully there'll be some improvements when we get our ski slope!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dr_Darkness

I am living in Bray and I am trying to save up enough money to leave. I don't like the town at all. I have been living here all my life and am sick of it. Umm, thats about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Blessington! great place to live if outside the town, getting very built up lately, but we welcome everyone here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭wba88

WOW! people like living in blessington.....thats new.......i dont like it that much myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bobbyt

This may be a huge longshot but worth a try. My brother-in law had a laptop stolen from him in Ravenswell school on Tuesday night (7 March). Bad enough that it was robbed but the worst of it was the case contained a CD=Rom with all their photos of a recent trip to Australia. The trip took a long time for them to save for and it is not a trip they will get to repeat again. The photos werethe only reminder they'll have of the time so...if anyone were to come across the disk...its obvious that the pics are of Oz- could you please at least e-mail me on this board. It may not seem like much but the loss of the pictures has been evry upsetting and they would really appreciate getting the disk back..no questions asked. Hope someone out there has a conscience!!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

I'm all the way from dunlavin. Share your experiences of it and I'll tell u secrets....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Seems quite a few of us are from Dunlavin considering the size of it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Alice Junge

scenic for the win!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Never knew this forum existed. I'm from Wicklow too.

Advertisement