Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scary movies

• 19-08-2002 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭

Right, was watching "Urban Legend" tonight and got to thinking, what is the scariest movie of all time?

Personally, for me, it'd have to be "Psycho" the original. Scared the BeJesus out of me!

though, if they'd left the spider walk in The exorcist i would've needed new pants. That scene scared the crap out of me.

So, what other films are terrifying for other people?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Posted in After Hours?

I havent really been scared by a film. But horror isnt my favourite genre, so I dont see that many scary films.
    Although I do remember watching Stephen King's IT on Sky1 years ago, and the bit where the clown was in the shower drain and that kind of scared the crap out of me.
    No film I have seen is terryifying. Except for maybe Dude Where's My Car for terrifyingly bad acting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Gremlins gave me severe nightmares for around 3 years after first seeing it at a friends house when I was *very* young :) Event Horizon is the only movie that I can think of that genuinely scared me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Seizure by oliver stone (1974)
    Anything by dario argento, church, inferno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Candyman scared me witless when I first saw it.
    And IT aswell had me ****ing myself when I was a kid.

But recently nothing really does it for me.
    Event Horizon was the only thing that came close.
    Oh, there was The Others, come to think of it.
    That was genuinely scary in an old fasioned way.
    Fantastic suspense.

But what really had me pissing myself ****less was the game Clive Barker's Undying.

Books I find can be far scarier than films.
    I used to think this wasn't possible, but recently more books have been giving me the willies than any film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Foobar I suggest that you check and see of there are any forums that relate to your topic before posting. Topic moved to the right place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I saw evil Dead 2 at the cinema when I was about 13. Scared the sh*t out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

I´d have to say Event Horizon for just scaring me. It was just plain scary.

-rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Meh, movies don't really scare me but,

Event Horizon for being really creepy and disturbing.

And

Flat Linners, the bit at the end when the Julia Roberts character is goin up the stairs. Nothing happens but the tension is unberrable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by Monty - the one and only
    Foobar I suggest that you check and see of there are any forums that relate to your topic before posting. Topic moved to the right place.

Sorry Monty, it was late, i was half asleep, and my mind was, well, to put it bluntly, non-existant.
    Soz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Have to go for IT myself...bloody clowns!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Aye, IT or Childsplay, that little f*cker scared the sh*t out of meh. One of my m8's watched IT when he was about 7 and he had these curtains with ballon's on them :p

Candyman was good for it's scare factor to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Forgot about Event Horizon and The Candyman.
    Although Candyman isnt very scary anymore. And I've probably seen Event Horizon too many times now, so the effect has kind of diminished now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Ring.. definetly..
    *shudders*

that sadako is one scary bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

My fav horror film "Ringu"
    but.
    I think these threads are every where!!! There are many many versions of this new forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

The only film I've ever felt scared at was Lost Highway. Actually disturbed more than afraid probably. Man that film is offputting but absolutely brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Event Horizon is one of the only films that genuinely scared me - fantastic flick that, although it loses some of its impact on the small screen.

The Thing is very freaky indeed, although I don't know if I'd call it scary. Oh, and The Omen scared the living shít out of me when I was about 12 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Turnip

Alien
    Don't Look Now
    Halloween - especially the use of Don't Fear The Reaper
    Psycho
    The Exorcist

I love John Carpenter stuff. The Fog and The Thing are both great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Salem's Lot - the scene when the little vampire kid is scratching on the bedroom of his mate screeching "Let me in."

I was terrified for month's after that.

Silience of the lambs - went to see it with a bunch of mates.I grabbed the sholder of one of my mates who was sitting in front of me for a laugh at the part just as the cameria is panning around the hotel room after dr Lector has done a runner.My mate jumped out of his seat crying like a little scared thing.This set off a woman sitting beside him and nothing would calm her down after this.The whole audience were freaking out.It was really intense.Every one was going bat shít and no one knew why :)

Second worst thing Iv ever done in a cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

The ultimate scary movie for any adult to have to indure imo would have to be 5 hours of barney and friends. thats just scary like it even goes as far as to warp your mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I bought the exorcist dvd and it didn't have the spiderwalk in it. That sucks. It's the best scene. I tried to bring it back and they wouldn't change it. My friend has the exact same dvd, not even the directors cut and it has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

The spider walk is the most pant-****ting scene ever. The rest of the exorcist isn't all that scary though IMO.

Its kinda scary when she turns her neck round halfway, but when they did it the full way it looked ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

1) The origianal Psycho
    2) Barney
    3) Tweenies (Closely Contended for 2nd)

Advertisement