Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerslam

Options
  • 19-08-2002 3:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Summerslam is coming up 25th august and there's more matches than i've seen in a wwe ppv for a while

Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio
    Chris Jericho vs. Ric Flair
    Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock
    HHH vs. Shawn Michaels
    RVD vs. Chris Benoit
    Booker T/Goldust vs. Lance Storm/Christian
    Undertaker vs. Test

there is more i just cant remember them now
    live sky sports 1 at 1am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Should be a half decent one,m looking forward to angle/mysterio and benoit/van dam the most

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

it looks like a solid card - the best this year on paper with the only stinker being the test - taker match up but its amazing how the wwe have managed not to capitalize on the hbk-hhh match - with the propper build up this could have been huge

plus the amount of publicity going into the title match may be counter productive - i dont see it being a great match - unless there is a big run in/swerve etc going to take place and with the bulild up its getting it will only underline what should be a mediocre encounter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

*SPOILER"

Ric Flair vs. Y2J
    Winner: Rick Flair by submission

Lance Storm/Christian vs. Booker T/Goldust
    Winner: Lance Storm/Christian (tag titles)

RVD vs. Chris Benoit
    Winner: RVD (IC title)

Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero
    Winner: Edge

Undertaker vs. Test
    Winner: Taker

HBK vs. HHH
    Winner: HBK

Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock
    Winner: Lesnar (wwe champion)

And umm what the hell happened the angle/mysterio match? Did I miss something?

If i see results again without spoiler tags, theres going to be an unsanctioned match!
    bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

angle won via ankle lock submission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

*SPOILER*

What a show, HBK Vs HHH was absolutly fantastic, Brock Rock was excellent with Rock doing a Clean Job, Rey Rey V Angle i thought was great, in fact there wasnt a bad match on that entire card. Best PPV in a LONG time!

Bomb

• Advertisement

i didnt watch all of it, but I did here that Rock didnt get the reception he probably expected, apparantly a lot of "Rocky Sucks" chants, any truth to this?

Some Rocky Sucks and some Lets go Lesnar chants broke out alright, the crowd were fairly hot for the whole show, esp the End of the HBK Vs HHH match, which was deserved as it was one of the best in LONG time. The Showstoppa Was on top form, you wouldnt even tell he is injured.

sheesh and there was I thinking Kane was going to come ot and kick the crap out of Lesnar :)

yeah I had a feeling HBK would pull out all the stops, and shock horror it sounds like HHH actually had a good match since he returned from injury (cause looking at him recently I think he has become very lazy)

and now with Lesnar as champ dare we salavate at the possiblity of him feuding with Angle, oh the sheer joy of it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Hobnail Monkey

It was a great PPV I think. The Angle - Mysterio match was awesome, wiry little hoor that Mysterio guy!!!!!! Dunno about you, but I think that Rick Flair is on great form lately too.
    I literally jumped off the couch when Brock hit the F5 on the Rock!!!!!!

It sounded more like the crowd were chanting 'brocky sucks' ??
    The angle/mysterio match only lasted a few minutes.. i must have blinked and it was over..
    I was hoping kane would return aswell but it was still an excellent ppv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Was that officially HBKs last match or is he going to carry on? The match with HHH was class. He should stay on. He is my favourite by far.

I worry about Lesnar. They've made him out to be (dare i say it) too good. He has shown us that he possesses the technicallities of Angle, the speed of RVD, the strength of Mark Henry and the viciousness of Benoit. Who is going to compete with him? No-one in the wwe has anymore than 2 of those qualities.

except for 1 man, 1 word, 1 Angle
    Guerrero also ,

YEAH!!!!!
    I reckon Angle would beat the snot out of Lesnar.

He has:)

He should do it again then, just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Guerrerro? Beat Lesnar? Are you insane?!

Angle beat lesnar in a shoot,
    angle is more technically proficiant than lesnar
    Guerrero is a technical god

I would virtually cream my pants to see Angle get Lesnar in the angle slam and lift the fcuker out of it.
    Beat him in a shoot - you mean a shootfight??
    I was actually reading an interview lately that was done with an Ultimate Fighting Championship fighter called Mark Kerr (a monster of a man). He won the NCAA a few years ago (like angle and lesnar I think). He said that if Angle worked on his punching and standup fighting, that he would be excellent in no-holds barred fighting. He could almost be the next Ken Shamrock

I don't think he needs to enter UFC or compete in no holds barred fighting.. He's one of the best technical wrestlers ever as we'll see at the upcoming olympics.
    like angle and lesnar I think
    Lesnar won it recently, Angle a while ago

Angle would be about the only reason to watch the Olympics actually, hope he wins something.

• Advertisement

Angle and lesnar had an amatuer wrestling bout in the wwe ring a month or two ago, Angle won. I head Angle took on Bigshow too, of course he won:)

i would LOVE to see an Angle Guerrero Fued or even 1 or 2 matches

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Angle mysterio match was class, angle dominating the first half, burst out laughing when angle suplexed mysterio straight off the ropes, shame it ended with a wierd top ropes malarky.

HHH match was pure class, hbk off the ropes onto the table was the highlight.

RVD/Benoit was not as good as I expected, to me RVD is class at the start but he fatigues easily and benoits ring strategy (shoulder hits) should of won it for him, no van terminator :(

Test/Taker = pants

Tag match Ok

Rock brock match was fairly cool, rock didnt have all the crowds support even though he fought better then he normally does, lying down panting for half the match. Glad to see brock win but will be even gladder when angle nails the angle slam followed by a ankle lock tap out followed by heyman having his leg snapped "Oh its true"

Advertisement