Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leeds festival...

Options
  • 19-08-2002 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

off to leeds festival on Thursday.... it's gonna rock. Hopefully the weather will keep up. Anyone else travelling?

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Hey Diarmuid. Yeah, a mate and I are heading over to Leeds on Thursday too. Our flight is with British Airways and leaves Dublin at 12pm. Really looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

me = a mate

yup i'm going diarmuid...cant wait...was reading a review of GNR in hong kong and they played all of appetite for destruction....and more...oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh only three days to go now til i leave!!!! yay!!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

A friend of mine is going over to the London G'n'R gig this Sunday. Fecker. Ah well, I'm going to see Vader!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I'm also going to the London Gn'R concert on the 26th. Can't frickin' wait! Is anyone else going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Hehe. I just read a review of GNR's peformance at Leeds.

Apparently a guy dressed in Slash merchandise held up a banner saying "Where's Slash?" And Axl announced "In my ass, that's where Slash is, fucckhead, Go home!"

:D:D:DHehe, The guy is lucky he didn't get kicked out!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Originally posted by Oeneus
    Hehe. I just read a review of GNR's peformance at Leeds.

Apparently a guy dressed in Slash merchandise held up a banner saying "Where's Slash?" And Axl announced "In my ass, that's where Slash is, fucckhead, Go home!"

true story. I was there. Gunz rocked as did Foo fighters, Janes Addiction, Ash, Weezer, Sum 41 (cause they jammed on Raining Blood and actually finished on some cool song, must check it out) and may more.

Quite a cool festival, well organised and a seriously quality line up.

Pity about the riots (although they werent malicionus just vandals) it still means that no festival next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Originally posted by daveirl

Just go to Reading!! I went this year and It was fantastic! Even more people than Leeds.

I should have got a T-Shirt with 'fcuk slane' Would have been class like all those other french connection T-Shirts.

'**** fcuk' was my favourite

two words for you "no gunz" .... It was worth it just to see them. Blabbermouth has a news article on their London gig. If you are interested in seeing the setlist it's there also. The Leeds setlist was practically identical. Including Bucketheads nunchuks and star wars solo. That guy has some serious chops!!! Will have the pics back today. Should be interesting to see how they come out

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement