Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgo

• 19-08-2002 9:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Anyone get one of those disgo usb things?
    Got one the other day and wanna use it on win95 but there doesnt seem to be any drivers....they start from win98.
    Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...Windows 95 OSR 1 doesn't have *any* USB support whatsoever, Windows 95 "B" (aka OSR 2+ - you can tell because 95 "B" has the startup screen that mentioned Internet Explorer, while "A" doesn't... it also does a scandisk when you don't shut down correctly, which "A" doesn't) does have *some*, if I remember correctly. Depending on which flavour you have, you may be out of luck unless you're willing to upgrade.

Sorry...
    Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Yup it does a scandisc alright so guessing its B...never heard of this A B lark mind you:) any ideas since it is B?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...maybe the best thing is for you to read a bit on the subject.

This allows you to identify *exactly* which flavour of Windows 95 you have:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q158238&FR=0

This discusses the level of USB support in Windows 95 compared to 98 and ME:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/archive/BUSBIOS/usbwin98.asp

Hope this helps,
    Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

nice one good info there:)
    It pops up to say usb storage device found but i need drivers...might just mess about with it some! thanks though!

Advertisement