Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nemesis -v- Koopa : Results and Demos. [mirrored from Quake.ie]

Options
  • 19-08-2002 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Well, the Lan is over and Koopa has unsurprisingly emerged victorious, winning ProDM6 28-0, and winning Tourney4 47-0, demos on http://www.Quake.ie. I'll put up an account of the w/e on my column later today, but I must say thanks to Searrard and Brendan from Cybermart, the LAN was run very well (if a little short!), and we had great crack. And also, for those of you who weren't there, Nemesis was quite a sound bastard, and a hell of a lot more gracious in defeat than a lot of people would have been if they had handed over 200 EURO before the game. We have all of it on camcorder, I'll put it up as soon as I rip the tape.

P.S. Nemesis, your setup is all wrong, that framerate etc is totally crippling, all that 3D stuff should be turned off, take my config --> http://www.quake.ie/zero/zeroq3.cfg, and change the binds etc to the keys you are used to, you'll find it way easier to play.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

Ta for the configs Zero will put em to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ah the camcorder guy, so u was the one who was at Eamoooooooo the whole time aka Vincent, so ya stickin that up :)? me wants a laugh. go onnnnnnnnnnn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

nemesis, there was a mistake in that config, go into it and change "R_picmip 1" to "r_picmip 5". dunno how that was set to 1. it will give way more fps.

Yeah i noticed that, changed it myself, got it at 6 atm runnin very nice and i must say the config is class really improves my play, cheers m8 :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Is there a video file anywhere of the event? Wouldnt mind seeing it (considering I made a sweet 25 quid on the deal... ta swiss yer an honourable man!)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

Originally posted by *NemesiS*
    Yeah i noticed that, changed it myself, got it at 6 atm runnin very nice and i must say the config is class really improves my play, cheers m8 :)
    In that case, you should challenge this newbie called 'Koopa' for some easy money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Genesis

ROFFLE! ,i don't think he will fall for that one......again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

..there is a video of the w/e, or a part of it at least, I have to make an avi of it. been v busy recently, i'll do it up asap.

Originally posted by Lord of Terror

In that case, you should challenge this newbie called 'Koopa' for some easy money :)

Whose he then?? he ne good??? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

If You Can't Beat'em, Join 'em....

• Advertisement
Advertisement