Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winamp 3....

• 19-08-2002 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

First of all, I'm not entirely sure if this is the right board so, dahamsta, feel free to move it wherever it's more apt.

I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed that in the new version of winamp, the old keyboard shortcut 'J', that existed in all the winamp 2.x versions, is gone?
    This was the really handy shortcut to search your playlist by keyword. If you have a lot of mp3's it was so easy to find a particular one, I like the new winamp visually, but without the shortcut it's pointless as I have about 1200songs:/
    Maybe I'm just blind and missed it, but I dont think so.

Anyone here know any of the coders in nullsoft?:)

C.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Might I suggest that you try posting in the forums? The developers seem to be pretty responsive.

I'm running a beta at the moment, and the library in it is annoying the hell out of me - you have to manually select all tracks for deletion. I wonder have they fixed that in the release version?

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

I'm gonna try posting in the forums about that now, thanks for that, didn't realise they had them.
    I dunno if they've changed that file deletion thingy, but it's gone final now anyway, so if it's not in it now, I'd suggest you give out to them on their forum too :)

C.

Weh.

I had a quick read through the "Winamp 3 wishlist FAQ" and under the heading of "Commonly requested features":
    Where is the Jump feature?
    In the Media Library it is in the middle. In the Playlist Editor hit F3.
    It is different then Winamp 2.X but it is what you have to use.
    Ah well, personally I think the feature in Winamp2 was/is better and I think i'll stay with the last version of it, even though the new Winamp visually looks quite nice.

C.

<edit> Ooh, I just noticed, what might work in your version too dahamsta, if you go to 'Sel' in your media library, and select all, then right click on one file that's selected, and go to 'Delete info from media library, it removes them all!
    Wahey!;)
    </edit>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ooh, I just noticed, what might work in your version too dahamsta, if you go to 'Sel' in your media library, and select all, then right click on one file that's selected, and go to 'Delete info from media library, it removes them all!

Nah, see, in Winamp2 they had a "delete all in playlist" in that menu, but it wasn't in the Winamp3 betas. It's back now in the full release.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i miss that feature too (went back to winamp 2.80). its perfect for large mp3 collections. press 'J' enter a word, "fire" and you get all the tunes that have fire in their title. use the up and down keys to selct the desired tune and youre off. in winamp2.x you can also control the whole program with only the keyboard which saves a lot of time.

adnans

• Advertisement

Originally posted by adnans
    i miss that feature too (went back to winamp 2.80). its perfect for large mp3 collections. press 'J' enter a word, "fire" and you get all the tunes that have fire in their title. use the up and down keys to selct the desired tune and youre off. in winamp2.x you can also control the whole program with only the keyboard which saves a lot of time.

adnans
    Yeah, even as you start to type into the window which appears when you press 'J' the songs that have the letters you're typing in start to appear, its brilliant, much better than that new feature in Wa3.
    I'm gonna stick with 2.8 also.

C.

Advertisement