Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My monitor has gone W o N k E y!!!

• 19-08-2002 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

The problem is that when first turned on it seems fine then after a few minutes it starts to flicker to a pinky type colour then it goes completly pink. There seems to be no green being displayed at all. I'm wondering if this is a cable fault or is my monitor just knackered?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

fiddle with the cable (most likely at the back of the pc rather than the monitor end) if the colours change or go back to normal youve got a knackered cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Yeah, I reckon it's the cable but I am unable to buy a new one! Both Compustore and Dixons don't stock them. The have extension cables and a "really" handy multi pack with every pc cable in it! I just want a monitor cable is that so hard? I'll have to go to good old Peats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

If the cable is soldered inside the monitor it's going to be a pain, but not impossible, try locate teh damaged part of the cable and cut back to there if it's not to far and put a new end on, or resolder it whatever is appropriate

Thanks for the info sirlinux, the cable I need however is detachable at both the pc end and the monitor end so I won't have to go monkeying around with it thank god. It's just a straight swap, if I can get one!

:D:D:D ACES :D:D:D

The enoying thing is I'd say Millions and Millions of them get thrown out every year!

People should re-cycle, and then I'd have a cable!

In fact there should be a world-wide depot where you can order whatever spare part you need for your computer - for free. I'm sure someone could think of a way to make money out of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement