Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

supergrass?

Options
  • 19-08-2002 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

i think theyre playing in the ambassador in october
    anyone know the date and how much?

i want to go, even though the ambassador is kind of off putting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

um it's on the 11th of october, tickets are 33.20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

woohoo supergrass yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭threefour

Yeah, anyone else think this is a bit steep. Sure Supergrass haven't played here in a while and sure they are a well-known and respected band, but 33 euros(36 euros with booking fee). I remember going to a sold out ash concert in the SFX and the tickets cost me roughly 10 Irish pounds. Grrr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

thats seems to be the way with 'stars' these days... they can charge that much and still fill the place...the only really popular international act i've seen a gig for thats less than 30 is badly drawn boy but the ole booking fee will take it above the 30 mark...

i spose if they're worth seeing then they're worth paying the money for...

good thing i got a job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

job?????? hahahahaa

if that's what u call sitting around on ur ar.se and doing nothing all day then fair enuff........................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭threefour

Yeah, gigs are uber-expensive these days. I wonder whether it has to do with the band itself or the promoters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

thats good wondering...

i'm sure mcd are raking in the money though!!!!

pearl jam only have a limit...they wont play a gig unless its under a certain price...thats pretty good...though going by their last gig....its still not inexpensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

tis quite steep, but i reckon tickets will be in demand and theyll sell out, so people will pay the price.

there's too many concerts im interested in going to dammit. the ryan adams tickets are SO expensive!!!! thatwas the cool thing about witness, sure it was so expensive but u got to see so many bands, whereas tickets for the upcoming concerts are 1/3 or 1/4 the price of witnness and there's only 2/3 bands playing. and u only really wanna see one of them. grrrrr.

A bit of both, some acts are looking for absurd amounts of money and some are asking fairly reasonable amounts. In the case of Supergrass i'd guess their fee is somewhere in the region of £15000 sterling which is 23000 euro, the ambassador holds roughly 1000 people(1100, or 1200 possibly) so without any other expenses you'd charge a minimum of 23 euro and that's relying on a sell out crowd. Then you have to take into account the rider, accomodation, paying for a support band, staff costs, your own profit as a promoter, venue hire(mcd own the ambassador but they have to make back the money they paid for it). So unfortunately the reason behiond the seemingly huge prices is that the promoters have to try to guarantee that they cover all their expenses. While a gig like supergrass is bound to sell out there are other gigs that don't sell out and occasionally do really badly and the promoters have to take that into account as a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i think it holds about 2000, coz i know vicar street only holds about 1,100-1,200 and the ambassador's bigger...i think it holds pretty much the same as the olympia.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's that big, it may be more than i suggested it was but i doubt very much if the capacity is as big as 2000, i could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

must say , i aint a fan of the new supergrass song 'grace'... i think thats the name anyhow... saw it on the telly the other night, maybe it takes a few listens or something

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I seen the video this morning and i thought the song was ok, maybe it will take a few more listens to be brillant but i thought the video was seroiulsy f u c ked up, it starts off like a normal video, not too exciting not too boring but then it gets way weird.
    Can wait for the gig though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I dont care how much it is!!! Its Supergrass!!!! I have been waiting sooooo long for them to play. HURRAH!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Well Lamda after yearssssssss of waitin-they are here(well soon)

I cant wait to go as well.
    They are a fun band-Bless them and their cotton socks!

Advertisement