Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What cooling do i need for my new PC?

Options
  • 19-08-2002 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey, i was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on the type of cooling i would need for the system i'm building. I'm putting together a XP 1900+ with 512mb 133-sdram on a Gigabyte 7ZXE and a Creative RIVA TNT2 64mb. all the pci slots will be full- ATA controller card, isdn ta, nic, scsi, sound card and it will have a 80gb ibm hdd. i'm building this for a friend and he wants it all to come from the same shop, so i'm getting the peats deal with mobo, ram , case and a 300watt power supply. i was juxt wondering
    1. is the 300w power supply enough?
    2. I figure i probably need extra cooling , what does anyone reccomend. i was thinking of Titan System Exhaust Blower.

Any opinions gratefully received
    spaczed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by koneko
    Any ole fan/heatsink jobbie should do it.

No. Get an Alpha pal 8045 and a nice big fan. Slap on some artic silver and you're away.

Never listen to Koneko, she lies. (but don't buy *any* stuff from peats they're thieves)

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I have one of those Titan Exhaust modules. It's relatively quiet and it does expel quite alot of hot air, but you're better off getting a good HS + fan and kill the problem of heat at the roots rather than worrying about getting rid of hot air. Logic knows stuff, take his advice, along with his innocence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by logic1
    Get an Alpha pal 8045 and a nice big fan.

Yes the Alpha is nice if your willing to fork out Str£50.

Get yourself a CoolerMaster or a Titan heat sink rated to XP2000 or higher.

Don't get the titan with the fans on the side, its evil.

Try www.frostytech.com for some reviews.

Originally posted by Fidelis
    take his advice, along with his innocence.

/me bends over ;)

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by logic1
    Never listen to Koneko, she lies.
    *SLAP*
    (but don't buy *any* stuff from peats they're thieves)

That is true.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by koneko

*SLAP*

Oh baby.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Get an 80mm case fan, and there should be a mounting spot for it at the back of the case. Itdirect sell nice temperature controlled coolermaster ones. Those system exhaust blowers rarely work as well as expected, but I suppose you could try one as well.

Advertisement